• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cfroncz1

cfroncz1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 10:39 AM

This morning, I was in the car on the way to my 6 month appt. I had the Gleevec in my purse, water with me, ate some food...all set to take my pill at 8am like I normally do. My husband was driving, so I can't even blame it on that, but for some reason, I had the pill bottle out of my purse but COULD NOT REMEMBER if I took the Gleevec or not!!!! Leave it to me to do something like this on my WAY to the doctor's office. I was so upset, as I am usually very careful about these things. Anyway, I asked the doctor as soon as I got there if I should take one anyway and risk a double dose or just miss it. He said, just skip it. I had to go out and buy one of those pill boxes with the days on them so I never do this again! I didn't get one in the first place because I didn't think they had ones with child safety locks on them, but I did find one w/it at Rite Aid so I guess I am all set. I just don't want this to change my counts or effect my response. Any one else done this and been okay?

Thanks,
Cheryl

#2 Taylor

Taylor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 11:26 AM

You'll be fine.  Just don't make a habit of it.  The half-life of Gleevec is such that if you have built up a few days at least in the blood and then miss a dose, there is still enough residual to take care of anything.

I'm on Tasigna and I had a few starts and stops with samples as I was waiting for my medicine supply to regularlize, and I have missed a a handful of doses in my 9 months on the meds and I reached PCRU in seven months.  I don't like missing doses but sometimes it just happens, especially with Tasigna's fasting schedule.  I just be sure to never miss two in a row.

#3 CDW

CDW

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 11:37 AM

cheryl,

I've forgotten to take my tasigna on two occasions in the last year and to my knowledge I'm still ok - it's not the end of the world, just don't make a habit of it. Thinking positively about it - how many times have you left the house and had to ask yourself if you locked the door? you go back to check and sure enough it was locked - it is quite possible you took the pill and you simply don't remember, and therefore the concern could be about nothing. And even if you missed the pill it is nothing to get too anxious about. I really do feel your annoyance/frustration as i get very cross with myself on the rare occasion i forget. My head feels so fried some days i struggle to remember if i took them or not; however, i have a small single container for my meds that i fill daily and take with me wherever i go, making it immediately apparent to me if i've taken the magic pills or not.

can you count your meds and see if you took it based on number of meds remaining and refil date?

Chris

#4 cfroncz1

cfroncz1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 11:51 AM

Thanks for the replies! I wish I could count them, but I don't know how many I started with. I got a larger supply in the beginning so I had some extras. I will definitely be keeping better track in the future!!!!!

Cheryl

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users