6 replies to this topic

#1 mikefromillinois

mikefromillinois

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 10:56 AM

Hello to all.  Hope everyone is having a nice weekend.

I am newly diagnosed (<3 months), and will be 60 soon.  All my adult life I have thrived on about 6 hours sleep per night and rarely dreamed - maybe once every month or two.  I have been taking Sprycel for about two months now. Since taking 100 mg of Sprycel daily I have been sleeping about 8 hours per night and I have elaborate dreams every night.  And I mean very long and vivid dreams that I can clearly recall details of when I wake up.  The content of the dreams has always been positive and pleasant stuff.  My overall side effects so far have been minimal and pretty easy to live with.  I take no other drugs - legal or otherwise.  I have had no changes to my routines so I'm left thinking that the dreams are a "side effect" of Sprycel so to speak.  By the way, I have concluded that the change from 6-8 hours sleep per night is a product of the fatigue brought on by the meds and/or the CML.

Just curious if any other Sprycel users have had similar "dreaming" experiences.

Wishing good health and many happy days to all...

Mike

#2 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 16 October 2011 - 12:36 PM

I had the same issue for a while but on Gleevec, dreaming whole movies inTechnicolor and wearing flamboyant clothing with ostrich feather hats (no wait -- that part is Phil).  Anyway, after a year or so I went back to dreaming normal type stuff -- you know, like walking around naked in public.  So enjoy them while you can.

#3 PhilB

PhilB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 03:04 PM

To be exact, your change isn't from not dreaming to dreaming, but from not remembering to remembering.  Having said that, I too have noticed a much greater frequency of remembering my dreams than pre dx when I hardly ever did so.  I don't know whether this is the drugs, the stress, or the disrupted sleep from gastric issues, but I am very glad to say that none of my dreams has ever featured Trey naked and long may that continue.

#4 stuharrisonsf

stuharrisonsf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 06:14 PM

Hi all:  I'm new to the board, but have been surfing since my diagnosis 2 months ago. Thanks to y'all for such a reassuring and smart resource. I have also been on Sprycel as the first line drug - for five weeks now - and have noticed the "enhanced dreams!"  I thought it was just a result of the stress of the dx, like the teeth clenching!

#5 Susan61

Susan61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 16 October 2011 - 06:44 PM

Hi Stu:  Welcome to our group.  I am not on Srycel, but I am on Gleevec.  I have dreams constantly, but they never make sense.  I did notice that I get more the past few years than I used to.  You can see we all have a sense of humor around here, and if you read some of the other posts y0u can see all the different questions and situations. Just get in with us and ask or share your own experiences.  Something can always help somebody else.

#6 Marnie

Marnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 08:46 PM

I have always had vivid dreams, and I always remember them. . .or at least it seems that way.  The difficulty, now, lies in figuring out what really happened and what was only a dream. .  Let's see. . .the moose running alongside my motorcycle, or the moose humping the buffalo. . .which was real, and which was a dream. . .OH YEAH. . .Trey was responsible for the disgusting one.

#7 Stevo

Stevo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 09:50 PM

Well, I'm feeling MOST ripped-off, because I don't recall having ANY good dreams since I've been taking Sprycel.

As a matter of fact, in general, my memory seems worse, awake or asleep.  (seriously)

Seriously, again, I'm glad your dreams are positive.  Sprycel does seem to make me sleepy when I slow down (although maybe less than it did months ago)... and I wonder to some degree if your dreams might be to your new "extended" sleep time.  Maybe now your brain "has time" to dream, or maybe you actually sleep "deeper".... therefore allowing your brain to dream.

Sweet dreams, and dont let the bed bugs... what is it that they do again?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users