bull

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 01:42 PM

UPCOMING EVENT!

Please join us at the Living Well With CML patient summit

Multiple dates and locations available

This will be a unique day of education, support, and networking for you and your loved ones living with Chronic Myeloid Leukemia (CML). During Living Well With CML, distinguished physicians, nurses, and social workers will provide information about survivorship, health and well being, as well as CML education. Attendees will have the opportunity to meet and network with others who have CML and to ask experts their most pressing questions about CML.

The summit will be offered on the following dates and locations:

• Saturday, October 15, 2011 — Morristown, New Jersey, 10:00 am — 2:00 pm Eastern time
  • Saturday, October 15, 2011 — Portland, Oregon, 10:00 am — 2:00 pm Pacific time
  • Saturday, October 22, 2011 — Waltham, Massachusetts, 10:00 am — 2:00 pm Eastern time
  • Saturday, October 22, 2011 — Lombard, Illinois, 10:00 am — 2:00 pm Central time
  • Saturday, November 5, 2011 — Atlanta, Georgia, 10:00 am — 2:00 pm Eastern time
  • Saturday, November 5, 2011 — Irvine, California, 10:00 am — 2:00 pm Pacific time

All who are affected by CML are welcome. For more information and to register, please visitwww.CMLPatientSummit.com

. Please register early for one of these free events. Space is limited.

Sincerely,

Your CML Earth Team

#2 mikefromillinois

mikefromillinois

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 02:21 PM

Thanks for the info bull.  I will attend the Illinois session.

Best regards, Mike

#3 LivingWellWithCML

LivingWellWithCML

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 14 October 2011 - 03:01 PM

I will be at the one in Atlanta - looking forward to it...

Dan - Atlanta, GA

CML CP Diagnosed March 2011

Gleevec 400mg

#4 Susan61

Susan61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 14 October 2011 - 04:29 PM

I think this is great to have these summit meetings, as there is always something to learn about CML.  Wish I could make the one in New Jersey, but its not possible.  Anyone who attends, please share what you learned with all of us.

Susan

#5 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 14 October 2011 - 04:41 PM

So that message was from "Your CML Earth Team"?

Is there a "Your CML Space Team"?

Maybe "Your CML Mars Team"?

Maybe "Your CML Extraterrestrial Team"?

Maybe one for Phil called "Your CML Uranus Team"?  Or just Uranus?  Or Youranus?

OK.......I'm over that........for now....

#6 HPL

HPL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 03:21 AM

I attended the Portland one this weekend, and I was very impressed with the panel of experts and the format. While the physician (Dr. Akard) was definitely in the expert category, the RN and the Social Worker were equally qualified in their respective fields and could connect with the patients there. So if you are either doing great on your current treatment but want to stay current on what is going on, or dealing with side effects or exploring treatment options, I believe it will be well worth your time. There was plenty of time to mingle with the experts and make connections. Lunch and breakfast was provided. As patients, I don't think we can ever know enough about CML (unless it's Trey, in that case I would recommend he be part of the panel, now that is an event I would travel to go see )

To be totally transparent, I am also part of the National CML Society and we attend as a patient advocate group, but as a patient I learned a lot.

This coming weekend is in MA and IL, then early November there are events in CA and GA. You can learn more at http://cmlpatientsummit.com

Regards,

Hans

#7 jrsboo

jrsboo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 10:53 AM

Dear CML team,

The next time this comes around, could you please give more notice than only 24 hours?  I would have loved to attend the Portland event but at such a last minute, couldn't switch my schedule around.  Thanks!

Caroline

#8 CDW

CDW

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 11:49 AM

Just got booked in for the Atlanta one, hope to meet some of you there!

Chris

#9 mikefromillinois

mikefromillinois

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 09:03 AM

My follow-up...

I attended the event in Illinois yesterday.  Very glad that I did.  The panel of three was excellent and they put on a great presentation - especially Dr Moshe Talpaz (University of Michigan).  He was outstanding and a true expert in the field - great guy, too.  The subjects discussed would probably be elementary for many in this forum, but since I am newly diagnosed I learned a lot.  I do believe strongly though that anyone with CML would benefit from attending these events.  Being able to meet in person others from my area with the disease was the greatest value for me.  I made contacts of other patients that will probably become lifelong friendships and no doubt future sources of support and information.  It was great to be able to discuss things (in person) with someone else in the same boat.  Have a great day everyone and stay well...

Mike

#10 Lisal

Lisal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 10:53 AM

I also went to the summit in Illinois yesterday.  I was diagnosed 4 1/2 years ago and I learned alot!  It was deifinitely worth it.  You guys should go if you are able.  I did mention to them that the notice of the meetings was too short and not very wide spread.  She stated that they know and plan on doing this differently next year.   Dr. Talpaz was awesome!

I was the one who raised her hand at the end.  I want to start a CML networking group in this area. I am going to work with the National CML Society to get that started.  I am really exicited about that!  If anyone in the Chicago area is interested, stay tuned!

Lisa

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users