#1 PhilB

PhilB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 06:36 AM

You know what it's like.

You know with absolute certainty that you turned the gas off, but once the thought has occured to you it nags and nags.

Or 'Did I lock the car?' - which has you going back to check even though you KNOW you locked it.

Well, at my last appointment my consultant told me my PCR was 0.03%, pretty much where it's been for the last 18 months or so.  She also decided to go back to 3 monthly rather than 6 monthly appointments.  All fine and dandy.

A few weeks later I'm lying there not able to sleep and the thought pops into my head:

'She did say 0.03% not 0.3% didn't she?'

'Well of course she did, you know she did'

'But maybe she didn't and that's why she moved back to 3 monthly?'

'No, I remember her saying that it was much the same as last time'

'Actually, it was me who said it was much the same and she just made a confirmatory noise'

'Oh Sh#t'

'Come on, you KNOW it was 0.03%'

'But what if it isn't?  That's a whole log increase and a loss of MMR!'

'Stop it.  Be sensible.  You know it was 0.03%'

'I could always phone her?'

'You are not going to phone her, don't be ridiculous.  Anyway it's the middle of the night. Go to sleep.'

'I don't want to wait 3 months if it's gone up that much.'

'GO TO SLEEP!!!!'

Of course in the light of day it's easier to forget about it and convince yourself that what you know to be true is true.  Until the next night when the whole thing plays round and round again in your head driving you crazy (yes I know that's a very short distance).  And the next.  And the next.  And during dull bits in meetings.  But I will not weaken, this is ridiculous.

Fast forward through several very slow weeks and I get a letter from my consultant, trying to upset me by moving my appointment back far enough that I'll run out of Glivec before it.  Yippee!  On the phone to her secretary immediately to re-arrange the appointment.  'Oh by the way, whilst I'm on the phone, could you just check my last results on the file?'

0.03%

Thought so.  Thanks

Sigh

#2 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 14 October 2011 - 09:07 AM

I thought your posting was going to be about something else more interesting.  Like maybe you had some gas-permeable rectal implant that you sharted into oblivion against the porcelain, or else it was was malfunctioning due to extreme over-pressure, or whatever.  Oh well....

#3 ChrisC

ChrisC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 09:33 AM

Don't worry [chart].jpg

Be alert, but not overly concerned.

• Dx Oct. 22, 2008, WBC 459k, in ICU for 2 days + in hospital 1 week

• Leukapheresis for 1 week, to reduce WBC (wasn't given Hydroxyurea)

• Oct. 28, 2008: CML confirmed, start Gleevec 400mg

• Oct. 31, 2008: sent home when WBC reached 121k

• On/off, reduced dose Gleevec for 7 months

• April 2009: Started Sprycel 100mg

• Sept. 2009: PCRU 0.000

• Sept. 2011: after 2 years steady PCRU & taking Sprycel 100mg before bed, quit Sprycel (with permission)

• Currently: still steady PCRU, testing every 6 months 🤗

— Fatigue, hearing loss continue, alas, but I prefer to think it is all getting better!

#4 Marnie

Marnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 08:27 PM

worry flowchart.PNG

#5 Marnie

Marnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 08:40 PM

I tried to find a flowchart for Trey.  Though I found something with a reference to methane gas, it did not include explosive noises, porcelain shards, or other possible outcomes which came to mind as I read Trey's post.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users