#1 KerriD

KerriD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 02:31 PM

Hello,

First time poster..

I was diagnosed on 8/15/2011 and started Tasigna that day.  My CBC came back in  to all normal levels on my bday 9/1/11...Happy Birthday to me!

I take my Tasigna  at 10am and 10pm and find that afternoons are the hardest part of the day for me.   I usually eat lunch by noon and have cramping and gastro issues throughout the afternoon and early evening combined with big time fatigue.   Does anyone have any suggestions for foods that they find better to combine for less tummy upset and less fatigue?

I also just started having some rash issues in the last week.  Mostly on my arm pits...I started Clartin and it is helping reduce the itch but the rash is still there.

Any advice on that would be appreciated as well

Thanks,

Kerri

#2 GerryL

GerryL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 07:44 PM

Hi Kerri,

Initially I noticed coffee wasn't a big friend of mine, so stopped drinking it for a while. I then started taking probiotics which has helped settle everything down. I am now able to drink coffee again. You can also add some more fibre to your diet (metamusil for example) it will help bulk things up a bit.

I'm on Gleevec by the way. I had the Gleevec rash for a little while but controlled it with an antihistamine and an anteseptic cream.

Take care

Gerry

#3 CDW

CDW

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 07:42 AM

Hi kerri,

I too had cramping and overwheling fatigue quite early on in my Tasigna regime following lunch; i'm pleased to say this has eased considerably to the point i don't notice it now. I have found most of my side effects have been cyclical and they disappear after a while - I sincerely hope this will be the same for you. As for what to eat, I'm not sure I really changed anything in my diet that eased the symptoms - I did begin to eat little and often though. Whereas i'd eat a whole sandwich before, now i break it down into two and find myself grazing through the day in between meetings. I also swear by raw almonds and Stonyfield organic yoghurts. I  recently had to cut down on citric acid products to help acid reflux/heartburn, which is a shame as i LOOOOOVE pineapple; see if that helps at all.

I hope this helps 

Chris

#4 KerriD

KerriD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 08:42 AM

Thanks Gerry & CDW,

CDW, I'm really encouraged to know that your side effect have lessened.  That is one of the hardest parts right now.... wondering if am I going to feel like this forever...

#5 CDW

CDW

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 09:29 AM

Kerri,

Everyone is different and their bodies adapt/accept the medication in different ways. One of the key points is finding out what your 'new normal' is. Based on my experiences things really started to settle down from the 4-5 month point onwards. I still sometimes have flare-ups with my skin, but it's ok generally. I'm sometimes more tired than normal and just like to sit on the couch for a day and relax; other times i can run 4 miles and feel great. You will probably have good days and not as good days, but pace yourself - you're still in a real early phase of treatment and adjustment.

chris

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users