• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Tess

Tess

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 03:06 PM

I was wondering if there are any interactions with gleevec and botox.  I would like to get injections for my armpits because they sweat alot.  I got botox in my armpits before I was diagnosed in 2006 but wasnt sure if its okay to do so now.  I have been pcru since august 2007 and take 400mg gleevec everyday.  I know this question is really unimportant when compared to more important issues/problems but im hoping someone knows?? Trey??

#2 Samcerly

Samcerly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 06:55 PM

I asked my doctor if I could get botox while on sprycel and he said yes.

#3 Guest_billronm_*

Guest_billronm_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 October 2011 - 08:52 PM

Dear Tess,

No question is unimportant with this site. It breaks our hearts when we see what some people are going through. I'm so glad they found this site.I can't imagine going through what they are. I keep saying there are no dumb or insignicant questions. Just dumb people. We all have questions about our disease,and by asking these questions when you get the answers it helps a lot of people who might have the same problem but didn't want to ask. I think thats a very important question. Botox is used now for many different problems. And you're problem must be miserable. Our quality of life isn't the greatest so I feel that if any little thing we can use that's one less thing to annoy us and make us a little bit more comfortable.

Sincerely Billie

#4 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 05 October 2011 - 11:04 PM

No more hazardous than if no CML.

I will ask the following question on Phil's behalf: "is there aboral* botox for the sharts?"

* I am sincerely indebted to Tedsey for introducing me to this wonderful word. 

#5 Tess

Tess

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 06:51 PM

Thanks for the responses.  I feel like now I can go ahead and get botox just like i did before CML.  I really wasnt sure to even ask because I felt it really cant compare with the other problems/questions asked here -- but thanks so much for making me feel like Its okay to ask anything.  Iam so thankful I have this site to go to, I feel like im not alone in my cml battle and I have learned alot about the disease, side effects etc, plus laughed alot thanks to phil and trey.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users