4 replies to this topic

#1 jrsboo

jrsboo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 01:56 PM

Dear Virtual Friends,

About 6 month ago I posted that I had been tested for Cognitive Disruption based on the TKI's.  I am not sure why it took so long, but I have finally received the report.

I was willing to share the guts of the report, but after the following comment was made, I have edited this report.  I had originally allowed you to see the direct problems that had been reported.  But since it is more important that attorney's are never allowed to be seen as human, I have edited the the amount of information severely.  The only reason I am keeping it up at all is that it shows that there is congitive disruptions caused by the drugs that we take and I hope someone else might be helped by it.  Clearly, I had been too forthcoming the first time.

DIAGNOSTIC IMPRESSION

On

formal exam at the present time, she demonstrates a rare combination of very strong verbal and

visual spatial skills, and excellent abilities throughout almost every domain tested.

She does also demonstrate some of the mild frontal subcortical disruption seen in people who are

experiencing late effects of chemotherapy. These can be seen in some areas of sustained or

complex working memory, higher level verbal abstract reasoning, and with some very mild reductions

in right hand tapping speed, and certainly peripheral causes of this should be excluded.

RECOMMENDATIONS

1. Individual speech language pathology treatment to assist in fine-tuning areas of verbal

reasoning and working memory as well as efficiency of auditory comprehension and verbal

expression.

2. Rehabilitation psychology support to assist with accurate self judgments, and to assist in

coping with depression and features of her chronic illness.

3. Consultation with Rehabilitation Counseling to give Caroline the opportunity to discuss the

practical implications in her day-to-day life outside the clinic regarding future productive activity.

Message was edited by: jrsboo

#2 PhilB

PhilB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 04:08 PM

Sorry, but I lost faith in the examiner after they used the words 'delightful' and 'attorney'

#3 Happycat

Happycat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 06:46 PM

I read the original and thought it was a very nice report.  I was struck by how complimentary it was, and it made me wonder if these neurological reports are always so personal in nature.  They seemed to view you as a person, not just a patient.  So often in medicine, the reports we see are extremely clinical in nature, almost as if we're just a piece of meat to be studied. I thought this one was very refreshing.

Don't let Phil bother you.  He's just a naughty boy who likes to pull little girl's pigtails.

Traci 

#4 jrsboo

jrsboo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 07:23 PM

Thanks!  I really really like the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance.  They have wonderful people working there, and I have always felt like they were treating me, Caroline, as opposed to a number or a disease.  I highly recommend them.

Caroline

#5 janne

janne

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 11:49 PM

The terrific thing about this report is, it shows that there is some breakthrough in the medical community finding our complaints of cognitive impairment associated with TKI therapy credible, or at least in Seattle,  Of course WE all knew it, just as we are confident concerning the other symptoms, such as bone pain, etc. but trying to convince some practitioners, as evidenced by some of these posts, is a very tiring and sometimes impossible task.  These are very supportive findings, and yes, the reporter in this case was VERY personable. And while using "delightful" and "attorney" in the same sentence in some circles could be a total oxymoron, I think we are so fortunate to have this delightful attorney on our forum..as well as the other delightful attorneys who have posted here.  Yeh Phil B, we know you were kidding...no offense taken, what would we do without your humor?  We are just breaking new ground with our delightful attorneys !  Thanks for the valuable information Caroline ! 

Dx'd: 8/2008. Started Gleevec 400 mg 11/08. 

Drug break 2011.

Started Tasigna 4/11 450 mg.

Reduction to 300 mg Tasigna 1/2012.

PCRU 9/2012.

12/2012 Detectable.

PCRU 4/2013 through 3/2015. (Reduced to 150 mg 7/2014)

12/2015  ? slightly detectable at probably less than 0.01% per Mayo Clinic.

4/2016 PCRU. Still at 150 mg Tasigna.

CESSATION: stopped treatment 7/20/2017. 

9/6/2017:  barely detectable at 0.01%. 

12/11/2017: PCR at 0.09% (did not do the monthly PCR testing.) 

12/18/2017: Inevitable call from Onc. Started back on Tasigna at 150 mg. (Considering Sprycel low dose.) 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users