• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Taylor

Taylor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 08:37 AM

Since last Saturday I've been experencing a few moments with what feels like low blood sugar.  Saturday on the way to lunch (I had eaten a dinky breakfast a few hours before and then did some volunteer cleaning somewhere) I began to feel lightheaded, hungry, anxious, hot, naseous,, shaky, "weak" legs, with really poor concentration.  I honestly felt like in ten more minutes without anything then I probably would have fainted.  About fifteen minutes after I started to eat I began to come around.  A bit later in the day, before dinner, I felt similarly, but I sipped on a Gatorade (I was having a few cramps anyway) and that held me over until dinner and the rest of the evening, including when I went to take a walk.

I felt fine since until yesterday when I maybe felt a little off right before lunch, although nothing too bad and concerning, pretty normal--in fact I could just be making this up in retrospect and I was just hungry.  And then right before dinner I felt pretty bad, but not nearly as bad as I did Saturday.  It took about two hours after eating to really feel right again; although I am dealing with anxiety which can have similar symptoms, so I wasn't sure if I was just worried about there being a problem and causing some problems in my head.  This morning I was hungry and felt a little weak; possibly expected but my legs had that weird weak feeling (which I consider a hallmark of low blood sugar, for my body at least).  I ate on the way to work and I'm feeling fine although a little off--but then again, that could just be worry.

I've had a few other times in my life where I suddenly feel the way I did Saturday, and I would eat some crackers and peanut butter and feel like crap until fifteen or twenty minutes later.  However, the last time that I recall it being like this was back in 2009, so it's been a while and rare--which is why last Saturday could be a fluke, I suppose, but maybe not.

Anyway, I thought Tasigna actually caused high blood sugar.  Can it also cause low blood sugar?  If so, is there an appropriate remedy?

Thanks all!

#2 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 29 September 2011 - 09:20 AM

It could also be low oxygen if RBC, HGB, HCT etc are low.  You should also have your GP doc check it out, and maybe have a glucose tolerance test done.

#3 Taylor

Taylor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 10:11 AM

Thanks Trey.  My last oxygen was 100 and although I didn't see my blood last week, my onc didn't say anything was concerning.  He has though been wanting me to go to a GP (I don't have one and haven't been in a few years...once I passed pediatrician age I didn't find a new doc) and get a good check-up.  Maybe this is the nudge I need.

Taylor

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users