5 replies to this topic

#1 withwingsaseagles

withwingsaseagles

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 12:08 PM

Hello all,

It's been quite a while since I posted, but I still read this board for good information from time to time, and correspond with Trey. He has encouraged me to share our good news with you all. My husband just received his 6 month PCR test results, and is once again PCRU! Next month will be his 4-year anniversary for his CML diagnosis. He has been on 400 mg. Gleevec the entire time, and has been PCRU for almost 3 years. We are so thankful!

Our other good news concerns our daughter. She was crowned Miss Texas 2011 on July 1, and will be competing for Miss America 2012 on January 14, 2012 which will be televised on ABC. Kendall has chosen to champion the cause of her dad and all of you living with blood cancers, with her platform, "Leukemia: Living for a Cure." She has been working with the good folks at the LLS on their school fundraising, Light the Night, Honored Hero videos, and anything and everything they will allow her to do. As Miss Texas, she makes a variety of appearances, but she never misses an opportunity to speak out for awareness of blood cancers and the need to continue research and funding to find cures. You can follow Kendall on the Miss Texas website at www.misstexas.org and also on Twitter at MissTexas2011. I hope when January 14 rolls around, no matter what state or country you are from, you will be cheering for Texas!

#2 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 28 September 2011 - 02:22 PM

Christy,

That is such a great story.  Thanks for sharing it with us, and please thank Kendall from all of us for highlighting the issue of "Living for a Cure".

#3 lala

lala

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 02:37 PM

Great posting....I kept looking for the Facebook LIKE button!!!!!!!!!  Go Texas!  Please post again, closer to the January date, to remind us!!!!!!!

#4 Tedsey

Tedsey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 08:27 PM

What wonderful news!

I know who I'll be rootin' for when Miss America Pagent time rolls around!  And, of course, long life to your husband!

Teds

#5 Happycat

Happycat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 06:49 PM

What a nice story!  Thanks for sharing.  I gotta say, I'll be looking for your daughter to see how well she does with the question and answer part when they ask what charity she is supporting.  If it were me, I'd get all choked up!

Traci

#6 Susan61

Susan61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 29 September 2011 - 07:01 PM

Hi:  What great news about your husband, and then your daughters great accomplishment.  We all appreciate her dedication to Living For A Cure.  It will make people more aware of what this disease is all about, and the fight to wipe it out.  I hope she wins the Miss America.  We will all be sure to watch I am sure.

Susan

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users