• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 dee145

dee145

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 04:10 PM

I had my partial hysterectomy Sept. 6th and just found out it WAS NOT cancer!!!!!   It was a very large cyst that needed to come out, dr said was close to bursting.  Stll sore on the inside and not back in my jeans yet cuz of the cut on belly button still sore but was so relieved.  Then I got the call from my oncoloigist this morning and I am still PCRU.  Have been since beg. of July of last year, since I switched over to him from the "quack" dr.

But still dealing with this tightness and tense feeling of my body.  Not always the shakes just tightness all over feeling.  I saw a therapist who got me into a psychriatrist and he put me on Buspar in hopes of cutting back on the xanax.  I also take Elavil at bedtime for control of headaches which I am getting alot and when you go to drugs.com it says Buspar and Elavil have major interaction but psychriatrist says it's ok as long as not taken together.  The only change I feel is the Buspar makes me dizzy and tired and I am still taking no more than 4mgs a day of xanax.  I keep a journal of when i take my meds, some days I only might take 2 xanax but then the next day i might need 3 and I have to take 1 at bedtime with the Elavil or I can't sleep.   I found out I was in menopause right before surgery and now i am being told it will probaly get worse.  Just great!!!!!!  I have been getting alot of bad headaches and I have oxycodone for them and when I take 1 of them i don't need a xanax at all, they relax my whole body but I can still function after the headache goes away.  I almost feel like I need a muscle relaxer cause it's my whole body that gets tight.  The psychriatrist I feel is a waste of my co-pay but I go back in Oct.  But he has done nothing different than my family dr.

With the good news of no ovarian cancer and being PCRU for over a year why am I still having these tightness issues?  I should be happy but can't shake them.  I don't know what to do next!!!!  I am going to see my mom and family down south the 29th of this month till Oct. 11th to just get away for awhile.  I was never afraid to fly before and now I am scared to death.  And cold weather is setting in and oh how that hurts my joints.  Been getting alot of leg spasms, I will go to stretch and it turns into a spasm or charlie horse.  It brings tears to my eyes sometimes it's so bad.

Enough of me, any tips I will take.  maybe some one has some insight on this med Buspar mixed with my Elavil even though i don't take them together.  I am still on Gleevec 400mgs.

Thanks, Dee

Please excuse my spelling, my spell checker must of taken a break today!!!!

#2 Susan61

Susan61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 19 September 2011 - 04:46 PM

Hi Dee:  Glad you got good news.  Try to dwell on that to take your mind off everything else.  You probably need that time away to relax.  Nerves can do so many things to our bodies, and we do not realize it.   I go through some tough times myself with panic attacks at different times.  They just come on, and I have no idea why.  I hope you can find something that works for you.  Enjoy your trip.

Susan

#3 momruns

momruns

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 05:26 PM

That is great news it was just a cyst.  I myself realize that every little thing is now big.  I have a mammogram done yearly because my mother had breast cancer.  I have a 50/50 chance of having to have more pictures because of my dense tissue.  No big deal till now.  I had a mammo done and they saw a spot they wanted to look at again.  The first appointment was a month away, normally that would be okay.  This about put me over the edge.  I called, no earlier appointment available.  Thank the Lord I have a great PCP.  He called the office on his own and said it was inappropriate to make me wait.  My PCP's office called me the same day as I got the results and said they would do the sono at 230pm that day.  I went and they said probably benign but repeat in 6 months.  Still a little more stressed than I would have been without the CML.

We all look at glitches in our world differently.

Glad you shared your good news.

Loreta

#4 Happycat

Happycat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 07:40 PM

Great news, Dee!  I'm so glad to hear it!  I'm also glad they got to it before it burst on you, because I know my sister went through a lot of pain and illness when hers burst.

Can't help you with reason for the tight muscles, but have you ever considered alternative therapies?  I did some relaxation stuff with my daughter, trying to help her get into a relaxed state.  What about acupuncture or acupressure?  We're trying acupressure now for my dd, to see if it helps with her migraines.  But a bunch of the stuff the doc is doing makes her very relaxed.   In fact, watching it all, I want to crawl on that table and get treated myself!!  I could really use those stress reliever points.

Traci

#5 Happycat

Happycat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 07:44 PM

Loreta,

Boy, I do know what you mean!  When I was dx'd with CML, I had actually canceled my mammo the week before due to a snowstorm.  I was so on edge until I got that test later that month!  Then, a day or two later, I got a call from my ob-gyn's office!  Eeep!!  My heart just plummeted when I saw that number on the callerID.  Turns out they just wanted to make an appt for me to come in for a pap smear, but during those few rings, I was certain they were going to tell me I had breast cancer, too!  Man, but things really do get magnified nowadays!

Traci

#6 momruns

momruns

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 07:20 PM

Traci,

It is amazing how my stress level goes from 0 to )()(*)%^& in 6 seconds flat.  I get my repeat mammo on Oct 27th I am trying to stay positive.  I get blood work every 3 weeks and that just keeps the CML in the front of my brain and I need this mammo thing gone.  Oh well, I am grateful for this site.  I have always had dense breast tissue and had a biopsy in my late 30's and I was okay with all the repeat exams but now I am shocked with how this stresses me out.  Thanks for understanding where I am coming from

Loreta

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users