2 replies to this topic

#1 nathaliece

nathaliece

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 01:37 PM

Hi everyone --

I previously posted that I put a Light the Night Team together, primarily to honor this board and how helpful you have been to me since my diagnosis in November.  The walk is next Friday and so far my team has raised about $6000.  It just occurred to me that this is the cost of a month of Gleevec for someone without insurance.  Appropriate, huh?  I will be thinking about all of you when I walk on Friday.  Thanks again,

Nat

#2 Guest_billronm_*

Guest_billronm_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 September 2011 - 11:11 PM

Dear Nat,

I'm going to try to make it Friday basically it depends on the weather for me. My 3 nieces form a team every year for me. But I noticed the teams get a little bit bigger every year. If it's nice my daughter will bring my 2 grandsons.If they only collect a nickel and give it to lls they will start to understand a little bit about sharing and we have tried to help them understand that some people are sick but they are okay.It's hard to explain to a 6 and 8 year old. I used to run around and chase them all over. They love coming out here in the country  I just want to feel well enough to play our games

Sincerely Billie  (Erie is our home base Pray for good weather).

#3 nathaliece

nathaliece

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 06:30 AM

I understand, Billie.  I am a single mom of an 8 year old son.  I had a hard time deciding what to tell him about my CML.  I have never used the word "cancer" and elected to tell him that my blood is sick and to make it better I have to take medicine and that sometimes that medicine makes me sick or tired.  He and my 80 year old mom are walking with me.  We are in Kansas City and the weather is supposed to be beautiful.  I am praying yours will be too.

Take care,
Nat

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users