2 replies to this topic

#1 JoshLee

JoshLee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 05:20 PM

Hi All,

Quick question. I have been experiencing frequent urination on Tasigna for the past 3 or 4 days. I had a CMP done last Friday and all my levels were normal. A few mornings I have experienced a burning sensation after going to the bathroom. If I drink a full glass of water I have to pee 10 minutes later or at least within the hour. I have been having to use the bathroom once every hour or two. I also had an advanced urinary analysis done in June and it came up showing zero malignancies. I got an over the counter UTI test earlier this afternoon and that also came up negative. I feel a little pressure in the pelvic region. Just want to know if I should wait for it to pass or if I need to go to the doctor? No severe pain...Just a little concerned. Thanks, Josh

#2 sdl722

sdl722

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 06:24 PM

Hi Josh

I had the exact same thing happen to me about a month ago. For a couple of days I was going to the bathroom all the time; it felt like I couldn't keep water in me.  I was even more concerned because my glucose was high and I had read that frequent urination was a symptom of diabetes.  So I went back to MD Anderson for an extra CBC and a urinalysis (both of which were fine).  I met with one of MD Anderson's general internists and she told me not to worry, that it was just a side effect of Tasigna.  They also did an ultrasound on my bladder and it turned out fine.  Several people there that day asked me if I had any burning sensations but I did not.  Shortly after the frequent urges went away and I have been fine since.

Stephen

#3 hannibellemo

hannibellemo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • LocationNorth Central Iowa

Posted 10 September 2011 - 08:48 AM

Josh,

Perhaps you've already seen this but here is a link to a previous discussion on this subject. Hope it helps.

http://community.lls...age/97955#97955

Pat

Pat

"You can't change the direction of the wind but you can adjust your sails."

DX 12/08; Gleevec 400mg; liver toxicity; Sprycel 100mg.; CCyR 4/10; MMR 8/10; Pleural Effusion 2/12; Sprycel 50mg. Maintaining MMR; 2/15 PCRU; 8/16 drifting in and out of undetected like a wave meeting the shore. Retired 12/23/2016! 18 months of PCRU, most recent at Mayo on 7/25/17 was negative at their new sensitivity reporting of 0.003.<p>

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users