#1 valiantchong

valiantchong

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 12:01 PM

Scientists demonstrate how Modified Citrus Pectin enhances immune function

Published on August 16, 2011 at 7:01 AM· No Comments

Groundbreaking research demonstrates the ability of a specific form of Modified Citrus Pectin (MCP) to greatly enhance immune function. The study found that MCP activated B-cells in a dose-dependent manner, and induced a highly significant dose-dependent activation of T-cytotoxic cells and Natural Killer (NK) cells. The NK-cell's cancer killing activity was demonstrated against live leukemia cancer cells. The study is published in the journal BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine. The research focuses on MCP's immunostimulatory properties in human blood samples, resulting in modulation of different arms of the immune system. Immune researchers at the Dharma Biomedical LLC (Miami, FL) are excited. "The dramatic ability of MCP to activate different components of both the innate (NK-cells) and adaptive (T-cytotoxic) arms of the immune system, demonstrates that MCP can be used in a very strategic manner to support immune function, which may prove useful for a variety of immune compromised health situations," says lead researcher Dr. Steve Melnick.MCP induced an increase in B-cells, T-cytotoxic cells, and NK-cells in a dose dependant manner, meaning the higher the dosage, the greater the effect. Researchers demonstrated that MCP induced a dramatic ten-fold increase in NK-cell activation, and furthermore a significant 53.6% increase in the NK-cells' functional ability to identify and destroy leukemia cancer cells.

Mechanism of Action (How MCP Works)

Melnick further explains, "The Modified Citrus Pectin used in this study consists of various polysaccharides that come in contact with different receptors or proteins on the membranes of immune cells. The immune cells become activated as a consequence of this very specific interaction." Melnick continues, "What I found impressive was the selectivity, and in those cases the magnitude of the effect. For example, polysaccharides derived from mushroom species are known for their immunomodulatory effect. However, in my experience, those effects are considerably lower than observed in the case of T cytotoxic and NK cell activation with this Modified Citrus Pectin." USDA scientists that co-authored the study analyzed the specific structure of this MCP.

#2 Shalom

Shalom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 12:40 PM

This is very interesting but to complicate for me to understand lol, but I hope there is a cure soon and I have to stop taking my vitamin G.

Thank you

#3 Shalom

Shalom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 08:41 PM

Any new researchs my friend? Let me know this is always interesting.

I hope you are OK I am living my worst month I had and infections in my tonsils and now my blood cound were down and I am anemic right now so I am just hang in here.

#4 valiantchong

valiantchong

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 02:40 AM

Hi,

I m doing OK, hope you will recover from your infection and low blood count soon. I have slightly low blood count too after 1 year of Gleevec. Most people has this issue, but will recover after a few months. Hope you will get over it sooner.

I do not have anymore post on immune system for now, will post if I found any interesting item.

#5 roamingdoc83

roamingdoc83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 08:43 AM

This is interesting... It has been two years almost to the day since CML diagnosis... losing insurance next month but hoping to find some way of

continuing G... and validated "immune" enhancers are always helpful. Thank you for posting this.

#6 Shalom

Shalom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 10:45 AM

I am glad you are doing fine, it looks like no new researches at all but I know they will came up with a cure very soon, and thats good because we can stop taking the vitamin G that sometimes drop our counts, anyway G is giving us a new oportunity to wake up everymorning and for some people who has time on this is like a normal live I knwo I am new at this and I can expect this kind of situatiosn and I will have patience and will wait till I can have a normal live again like so many on G.

I hope you keep the same way and don't forget to send us an email if you find news.

Talk to you soon.

#7 Rissa

Rissa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 06 January 2012 - 12:55 PM

I saw a show last night on the 'Veria' network called 'The Incurables'.  It's a show about alternative medicine.  This guy was being treated with a combination of modern and alternative medicine.  He was seeing Dr. Isaac Eliaz (some sort of alternative medicine guru) and he was giving him modified citrus pectin.  It was interesting. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users