• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Lolaboo

Lolaboo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 10:35 AM

Anyone else using TriCare mail order pharmacy to obtain your Gleevec?  I am an Air Force retiree and currently use the VA to obtain my meds but they require monthly approval before refilling.  TriCare says they will send 90 day supplies but their "normal prescribing practice" is for 45 pills in a 90 day period.  My oncologist must file for a daily dose authorization which must be updated each year.  Anyone else going through this?  Thanks, Lisa

#2 cleocans

cleocans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 06:07 PM

I am on Tricare and take Sprycel.  I just got the paper about mail order through tricare so I can't help you out there.  There is only one pharmacy in Lawton that does Sprycel, so I might do the mail order unless of course it is a hassle.

#3 Guest_billronm_*

Guest_billronm_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 September 2011 - 07:23 PM

Dear Lisa, and  Cleo,

Do you have a cancer center anywhere near you? My script is for 90 days. I take Sprycel now. I get one refill so I,m good for 6 months. The cc automatically calls my ins co every six months to refill my script. I hope and pray they don't make any changes, I know how fortunate I am. Call a social worker at your nearest cc center wherever it is. They have the right connections to look into this something is not right. How can you get a 90 day script when they will only give you 45 at a time. They want that co-pay. Make some calls to anybody that could lead you in the right direction. I have done it many times. It takes patience call social services and tell them your situation they can't help, but they will give you a phone no. of some other agency that might lead you in the right direction. I had a problem one time and I got the governors hotline, and ss number.You would not believe how much information you can get. And the positive responses you'll get.

I write down every number that is given to me even though they can't help you now, it's nice to have in case you ever need them.Even if you are transfered to another person write down that number  if it  it.shows up on your caller Id.Don't forget the Pittsburg Veterans Agency. My family and friends make fun of me but I'm the first one they call when they need a number. I write all the no.s down in the missalaneus.part of my address book. Even call your court house they will give you some phone no.

Good Luck to both of you and I bet if you dig deep enough you'll find out a lot. And as Pat- ( Hannahbello) says use the cml card (expression) very rarely. But people will take more time with you.

Billie

#4 cleocans

cleocans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 01:00 PM

Billie, I go to the Cancer Center of SW Oklahoma.  My onc put in a 90 day supply of Sprycel but tricare won't except that.  So I do 30 days.  The pharmacy isn't too far from my house so that is not a problem.  Unless they have a power outage again!!

#5 Lolaboo

Lolaboo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 01:29 PM

I actually talked with someone else at Express Scripts (TriCare Mail Order Pharmacy co.) and the true story is they offer 45 day supplies of Gleevec instead of 90.  However, if your oncologist (or PA, Nurse Practititioner) calls and asks for a quantity over-ride, they will authorize the increased amount a year at a time (on a case by case basis.)  The phone number for the quantity limit over-ride is: 866-684-4488 and phone number for Express Scripts is: 877-363-1303.  Since Gleevec is on their formulary, it is a $9 co-pay (can't beat that!)  I'm not sure on their coverage for Sprycel but I wish you luck!!  Lisa

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users