4 replies to this topic

#1 nathaliece

nathaliece

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 03:10 PM

Hi ~

I had my monthly CBC yesterday.  For the previous 5 months, my white blood cell count has been in the 4-4.4 range.  Yesterday, it dropped to 3.6.  My rbc is also a little low.  Is there a reason to be concerned?

Nat

#2 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 31 August 2011 - 03:30 PM

No.  A number of folks here would like to have a WBC that high.  That level is what I call "CML normal".

#3 nathaliece

nathaliece

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 03:32 PM

Thanks, Trey.  I needed some reassurance.

#4 Guest_billronm_*

Guest_billronm_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 August 2011 - 04:08 PM

Dear Trey,

I just had my second iron infusion Monday. I have to have 5. The nurse called me a couple weeks ago and told me my iron level was 3 and it should be 20.Do you think I might need more infusions?

When do you think I'll start feeling better? After inf last mon I went to bed at 5 pm and slept until 10 am. Same thing this week after inf I went to bed at 5:30 pm and slept until about 10 am again. I thought I should be feeling better now shouldn't I. Or am I just being impatient. I take 300cc of something that starts with a v for 2 hours. Then after I'm done I have to stay there for an extra half hour so they can watch me for any reaction. I would just like to know when I'll feel better.   I'd appreciate your input. Sincerely Billie

#5 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 31 August 2011 - 05:32 PM

If the doc says you need 5, and you have only had 2, I would assume you need the other 3.

The iron infusions can only help to a limited degree.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users