• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 drowe920

drowe920

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 04:47 AM

Just catching up on this subject. I just made me a P and J sandwhich and the put the used knife back in the drawer nice. Car keys yeah good luck finding them and good bye to multi tasking. I am going to invent an alarm so if you get more then 3 yards from your cell phone an alarm goes off on the phone.  As for my Oncologist the guy is top of the line and after 9 months of seeing him I now know to only tell him good stuff like I am pain free and Gleevec is the best thing ever.... sorry lost my train of thought lol no really its a problem. I am ok with a few forgetting a few things and moments of complete confusion but it's not getting better. CML was suppose to be easy right take your pill everyday and your life is back to normal. Unless you take your dog outside and come back in with no dog. I am not feeling it this CML has completely changed my life its like I have adult A.D.D .

#2 HeatherZ

HeatherZ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 08:12 AM

I do have ADD and up until my CML diagnosis I was on meds for it.  I stopped the meds because the Onc felt they were actually masking my CML symptoms.  (I had dealt with the ADD successfully without meds for years but a few years before diagnosis I could not manage anymore and began meds.  The doc thinks the increasing mental difficulties were related to the onset of the CML)  I have been off the Adderall for over a year now and I can definitly say the chemo brain from the Gleevec is completely different than the racing mind of ADD.  My mind still goes a million miles an hour but what really gets me is the inability to form complete coherent sentences and the inability to pick the right word.  The other day it took me five minutes to come up with the word "clothespin" in a conversation with my husband.  Many times our conversations resemble a version of charades with me trying to describe the word I am looking for.  Hang in there Don, I am with you on the chemo brain - it is not like having adult ADD - trust me.  But both suck in their own way.

#3 Marnie

Marnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 05:52 PM

Peanut-butter-smeared knife back in the drawer????  Last night I tried putting the opened wine bottle in the cupboard from where I got the wine glass, rather than in the fridge.  'Course maybe that was the wine and not the brain fog. . .

Marnie

#4 Susan61

Susan61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 30 August 2011 - 07:28 PM

Hi Don:  Yes, CML does change our lives in many ways.  I also have that Chemo Brain, and I am wondering if it is contagious.  My  husband put the coffee pot in the refrigerator, and the mayonnaise in the cabinet.  He said he is  hanging out with me too much.  I just concentrate on how my Gleevec has worked for me all these years, and then it makes the rest easier to cope with.  I have some days with that confusion and forget my thoughts from one minute to the next, but then I just keep on going.

Susan

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users