Photo

Anyone Else Having a Problem with E-mail Notifications from this Site?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 hannibellemo

hannibellemo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • LocationNorth Central Iowa

Posted 27 August 2011 - 02:35 PM

Just wondering... On my profile I have requested NO e-mail notifications from anyone, or any thread, for any reason. But, the last couple of days I've been receiving e-mails from some of you (not personally - but through this site) on new or updated discussions.

Anyone else? Not that I don't love you all and I'm very interested in most of the discussions but I don't need to read these in my e-mail as well as on the boards, my family thinks I spend too much time on here anyway and threaten to send me to CML Anonymous.

Anyway, I'm notifying LLS of the problem, too, but I was just wondering how widespread it is. Thanks!

Pat

Pat

"You can't change the direction of the wind but you can adjust your sails."

DX 12/08; Gleevec 400mg; liver toxicity; Sprycel 100mg.; CCyR 4/10; MMR 8/10; Pleural Effusion 2/12; Sprycel 50mg. Maintaining MMR; 2/15 PCRU; 8/16 drifting in and out of undetected like a wave meeting the shore. Retired 12/23/2016! 18 months of PCRU, most recent at Mayo on 7/25/17 was negative at their new sensitivity reporting of 0.003.<p>

#2 Happycat

Happycat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 04:46 PM

I have it set to send email for responses to posts I create.  But I'm getting them for anything I happen to have posted on.  Now I'm getting just a notification that someone posted to the discussion, but there's nothing more in the email.  Kinda strange.

Traci

#3 momruns

momruns

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 05:41 PM

I check this site about 4-5 days a week so I wanted to not have e-mail notifications and I checked my regular e-mail today and there where the posting notifications again.

Loreta

#4 GerryL

GerryL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 07:42 PM

Hi Pat,

I hadn't done a lot of reading of the set up and hadn't known that I could stop receiving a ton of email from here. Thanks for this discussion, hopefully it will work, I'm looking forward to a smaller in box.

Gerry

#5 Guest_billronm_*

Guest_billronm_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2011 - 10:05 PM

Hi Pat,

I'm having a hard time replying back to personal messages. It won't let me send any and I can't get back to my friends who e-mailed me because I don't have their e-mail addresses.Every day I have all the discussion topics right  in with  my  e-mail. Anybody who looks at my computer can't figure it out. My daughter tried adjusting my photo on this site. She couldn't figure it out either and she is pretty good with operating computers. Now her computer at work  brings up the list of our discussions.on her e-mail at work. Because of her job she she has a high security clearance she just deletes them like I do.So don't worry about our SECURE SITE. I hate this new computer I guess I'll have to call the Geek Squad. We bought the extended warranty but they charge $150.00 an hour for a lesson. I have the windows 7 new book. But that is worthless to me. so I'll have to enroll in kindergarten and learn how to operate this monster!

Billie

#6 hannibellemo

hannibellemo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • LocationNorth Central Iowa

Posted 28 August 2011 - 08:27 AM

Glad to hear it's not just me. I will contact LLS and let them know about our problems with notifications.

Billie,

Make sure you delete e-mails you send or receive from this site in your LLS box. We're only allowed a small amount (like 5) so if you send copies to yourself of all your e-mails you send to others it doesn't take long to accumulate 5 emails. I'm only referring to e-mails you send from this board, not to ones you send from your personal e-mail account(s).

Pat

Pat

"You can't change the direction of the wind but you can adjust your sails."

DX 12/08; Gleevec 400mg; liver toxicity; Sprycel 100mg.; CCyR 4/10; MMR 8/10; Pleural Effusion 2/12; Sprycel 50mg. Maintaining MMR; 2/15 PCRU; 8/16 drifting in and out of undetected like a wave meeting the shore. Retired 12/23/2016! 18 months of PCRU, most recent at Mayo on 7/25/17 was negative at their new sensitivity reporting of 0.003.<p>

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users