• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 jenz

jenz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 09:56 AM

I just talked to my oncologist this week about getting a flu shot since my company provides them to us next month.  She said that I could get one and that while she would prefer I get the shot (dead vaccine) getting it through my nose (live vaccine) is also fine.  So I am moving forward with getting one again.

#22 Susan61

Susan61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 05 September 2011 - 07:19 PM

Do not do the nasal vaccine.  Do the regular inactive shot.  Every person I know who asked their doctor about the nasal vaccine were told NO.  I would not even think of getting that one.

Susan

#23 lala

lala

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 07:57 PM

Hi...I got the pneumonia shot last week, and holy cow, was my arm sore for two days....I mean killin' me.  My docs say to get the flu shot in October.  They think Sept. Is too early.......Lala

#24 Susan61

Susan61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 05 September 2011 - 10:14 PM

Hi Lala:  Yes, I go through the same thing with the arm every year.  I am waiting till Oct. to get my Flu shot, thats when I always get it.  Now you will not have to get that Pneumonia shot again for I think its 6 years.  They keep changing the rules on it.  Now they say once your in your 60's that you do not need to keep getting it.  I have to check on the latest with regard to that. Maybe somebody know the protocol that is in effect now.

Susan

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users