• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 nathaliece

nathaliece

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 09:16 AM

I was dx in November and until this week, only shared this with a small group of family, friends and colleagues.  I needed to get my arms around my CML prior to dealing with the reactions of others and was concerned about the continued success of my law practice once referral sources knew I was sick.  I was also trying to protect my 8 year old from unnecessary worries.  Recently, I was thinking about my 9 month journey and realized that I would not be where I am emotionally and possibly, physically, if it was not for the advice and support of this board.  You helped me with the decision to change oncologists, recommended the switch to four 100 mg Gleevec tablets, helped me understand test results, shared with me how to minimize nasty side effects, allowed me to vent to someone who understands, shared your successes with me and gave me hope, and made me laugh when I really needed a good chuckle.

To honor all of you and to give back to LLS so that they can continue to provide this and other valuable services, I formed a team for the Light the Night fundraiser in Overland Park, Kansas.  I sent an email to friends and colleagues sharing my story and asking for their support.  The response has been overwhelming and humbling -- over $1500 in a matter of hours was donated.  Please know that I truly appreciate the wisdom, kindness, humor, and yes, sometimes, sarcasm, that you have shown me.

Many thanks,
Nat

#2 lala

lala

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 10:17 AM

Hi...wow....how wonderful of you!  I really appreciate this group too!  Hasn't taking 4 small pills changed your life?!  That big 400 was a killer on my stomach!  I told my doc to recommend this......I think it should come from them from the very start.  This board has been great......people understanding what others cannot.  Btw.....my son goes to KU and lives in a house full of Overland Park boys!!!!!  Go KU!  :). Lala.    Also, I used to drive and love a yellow bug until my daughter hit a patch of Chicago ice........no more bug!!!!!!!!  It was so fun to ride around in with my two doggies.......miss it!

#3 Guest_billronm_*

Guest_billronm_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 August 2011 - 10:13 PM

Dear Nathaliece,

What a wonderful and kind gesture. I haven't been able to participate in it yet but my niece forms a team every year. Thank you and God Bless  Billie

#4 nathaliece

nathaliece

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 09:39 PM

Lala,

I agree -- the switch to four 100 mg tablets has really helped.  I have my next PCR in September and am anxious to see if I am CMR.

By the way, in less than 4 days, $3150 has been raised by my Light the Night team!

I hope everyone is having a good week.

Nat

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users