• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 HPL

HPL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 12:06 AM

Yesterday we welcomed to the world our 3rd boy. He came in at 7 pounds 9 ounces, slighly less than our previous two boys, but healthy and doing well. He is by definition a Sprycel baby since I had been on Sprycel, but took a 2 week break. Since I was transitioning over to the Ponatinib drug, we decided to do a donation and freeze it. So, a year after in the Ariad trial, we decided that we're not letting CML run our lives (and some pretty good results on Ponatinib), we decided on the IVF route and 9 months later I am looking at a one day old, very healthy looking baby boy.All this was done under the guidance of my oncologist.

Just wanted to share this with the group, there is still life after these TKI's, and  by working with your doctor, you can fully experience life and work through obstacles. I know this is bitter sweet since it's clearly a different situation for women who are on TKI's, but at least for men it's perfectly safe to father kids. Our kid isn't the first Sprycel baby, and he's just one of undoubtfully more to come.

Got to run, someone is letting me know that our work has just begun....

Hans

#2 nathaliece

nathaliece

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 09:03 AM

Congratulations!  What wonderful news!

Nat

#3 hannibellemo

hannibellemo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • LocationNorth Central Iowa

Posted 20 August 2011 - 09:03 AM

Congratulations to you and your family! It's so spirit lifting to read good news like this!

Pat

Pat

"You can't change the direction of the wind but you can adjust your sails."

DX 12/08; Gleevec 400mg; liver toxicity; Sprycel 100mg.; CCyR 4/10; MMR 8/10; Pleural Effusion 2/12; Sprycel 50mg. Maintaining MMR; 2/15 PCRU; 8/16 drifting in and out of undetected like a wave meeting the shore. Retired 12/23/2016! 18 months of PCRU, most recent at Mayo on 7/25/17 was negative at their new sensitivity reporting of 0.003.<p>

#4 Happycat

Happycat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 03:26 PM

Congrats, Hans!  Now you'll have something else to blame your fatigue on than just TKI's, lol!

Best wishes to you and your family,

Traci

#5 Marnie

Marnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 06:04 PM

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

#6 cleocans

cleocans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 06:44 PM

Congratulations on your newest addition!

Kim

#7 momruns

momruns

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 01:31 PM

What great news, My children are 27 and 25 and I loved raising my kids.  Enjoy every minute it goes fast.

Loreta

#8 jenz

jenz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 02:33 PM

Congrats Han, Thanks for letting us know

Hope you are getting some sleep and enjoying your new little one

Jen

#9 Susan61

Susan61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 21 August 2011 - 03:40 PM

Congratulations on Your new Little Blessing.  So many women are afraid to get pregnant with their CML. This is great encouraging news, and I hope they read your post so they know they can do it too.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users