4 replies to this topic

#1 Lodie

Lodie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationMarquette, Michigan

Posted 18 August 2011 - 08:43 PM

I should be getting the results from my 3 month BMB tomorrow.  So, I just decided that it's time to get off my butt and try to decipher the tests and results that I had done at diagnosis.  I think I have a pretty good handle on everything, but the way my lab report reads, I'm not sure what my quantative PCR was at dx and I understand that I HAVE to know that in order to calculate my log reduction.  Part of my results reads:

"BCR/ABL p210 mRNA transcripts were detected and estimated to represent 44% of total abl"

Does this mean that my quantatative PCR is 44%?  Nowhere does it actually call anything my quantitative PCR, so this is my closest guess.

Also, my FISH results at dx were 95.8% peripheral blood and 94.8% bone marrow aspirate.  Is the BMA one more accurate?

Thanks for the help!

P.S. - After trying to figure this all out, I think my head hurts worse than my butt does! 

~ Laurie

#2 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 18 August 2011 - 10:06 PM

Diagnostic quantitative PCR was 44%.

Your diagnostic PB vs marrow FISH differences are statistically insignificant.  Also old news by now.

#3 Lodie

Lodie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 10:21 PM

Thanks Trey!

So, if I am understanding this right, a 3 log reduction for me would be 0.044%?  That is my goal PCR number?

~ Laurie

#4 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 19 August 2011 - 08:41 AM

Right, that would be your personal 3 log reduction.  There may also be a "lab average" 3 log reduction value for your particular lab that you may also see.

#5 Lodie

Lodie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 02:29 PM

Thanks again!  Now, if only I could get my results!  I had the darn BMB on Monday and STILL haven't gotten my results.  I'm getting irritated!

~ Laurie

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users