• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Teresabourgeois

Teresabourgeois

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 05:33 PM

I know I should wait for my Doctor to answer this but here goes:  At my 3 month BMB I had 0% blasts, now at 6 mths. I have 1%.  Does this number flux or is something going wrong.  My cytogenetic lab is not back yet.  Thanks in advance

#2 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 17 August 2011 - 08:43 PM

Nothing wrong.  1% is very low and it may be your good cells kicking in to populate your blood.  Blasts can be good or bad cells, and the tests do not reveal which they are.  Also, since the labs round off the numbers, the difference between 0 and 1 could be a fraction.

#3 Teresabourgeois

Teresabourgeois

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 10:22 AM

Thank you Sooooooo much Trey.  I did see other discussions (after I posted this) regarding blast.  The problem is that I live 2 hrs from Houston and I can look at my reports online.  So I am trying to learn to interrupt them myself.  I was hoping you would REPLY.  I am still somewhat new here (5 mo.) But it appears that everyone values your knowledge.  Keep up the good work and thanks for supporting us

I cheated my way thourgh Science....ha ha!

One question:  Which numbers are most important to watch?  I'm guessing BCR-ABL transcripts?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users