• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 drowe920

drowe920

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 01:19 PM

Hey people long time no talk to . I hope all of you are doing well. Sorry for suddenly dropping of the face of the earth but heare is whats new. I got my CML bone pain under control still got that dam chemo brain going on. I was not feeling good again and i had a sharp pain left side real bad. I went to the ER again and found out that I had gail stones bad ones so off i went to surgery . I was told it would be a scope job no problems . The last thing I saw was a guy telling me he would see me in an hour . The next thing I know I am getting woke up and i am now in a much bigger room with a few more people . I was told but the same guy that there was a problem and I had been out for 3 hours and 15 mins. So now I have a 13 inch scar going across my belly 27 staples. 3 day stay in the hospital, nice. So for my adventure with CML has been again less then normal  but now I am sure there is no normal.

A week later I start to get a pain in my lower back kind of dull no big deal except it gets worse everyday. Pretty soon I am in pain from my left butt cheek to my foot. My point is this there is no normal .....  I have had one problem after the next since I got CML in DEC 2010 . I went from being a 60 hour a week worker who drove a min od 500 miles a week to a guy who sleeps a lot and works from home.      

#2 Susan61

Susan61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 19 August 2011 - 10:00 PM

Hi Don:  Join the club.  I have been living with CML since 1998, and have been through so many different issues.  I just stop to realize that I am still here, and my Gleevec is working for my CML.  I just got back from a doctors appointment on Tues with good news regarding a huge blood clot that I developed back in February of this year.  It took me 6 months for it to dissolve, and being on blood thinners etc.  It seems like everytime I turn around I have a new problem to contend with.  I could make a whole list of things.  You said you had pain down your whole leg after you had the Gallstone Surgery, but you did not say what it was.  Sounds like you had Sciatica pain which I have had, and its brutal.  It takes time to get relief from it if thats what it was.

Just hang in there.  Yes, the Chemo Brain drives me crazy all the time.  Sometimes I think I just have overload on the brain worrying about so many different things. You will survive it all.  Take Care

Susan

#3 drowe920

drowe920

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 10:45 PM

Thanks , Susan

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users