• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 WoofWoof

WoofWoof

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 05:53 PM

A) Just completed my first month of reduced dosage of Tasigna. Went from (2) 200mg/ twice/day to (2) 150 mg/twice/day. I feel really fine with very few side effects. Have not had an Onc. appt since I've been on the new dosage but we know when we are feeling better & so far (knock on wood, cross my fingers, carry a four leaf clover, yada,yada,yada) doing better then I have for a long time.

B) I'm officially fully retired!!! WaHoo!!!! It wasn't completly planned on my part but sure feels good to not have the stress of work. I'll be keeping my COBRA for now. I also started the Social Security process including applying for disability.

I have cancer but it doesn't have me

#2 hannibellemo

hannibellemo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • LocationNorth Central Iowa

Posted 02 August 2011 - 06:35 PM

Congratulations! Oh, to be retired! Oh, to be able to retire! Glad you are doing so well on your reduced dosage!

Pat

Pat

"You can't change the direction of the wind but you can adjust your sails."

DX 12/08; Gleevec 400mg; liver toxicity; Sprycel 100mg.; CCyR 4/10; MMR 8/10; Pleural Effusion 2/12; Sprycel 50mg. Maintaining MMR; 2/15 PCRU; 8/16 drifting in and out of undetected like a wave meeting the shore. Retired 12/23/2016! 18 months of PCRU, most recent at Mayo on 7/25/17 was negative at their new sensitivity reporting of 0.003.<p>

#3 Dsrwbr4536

Dsrwbr4536

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 08:06 PM

Hello WoofWoof. First congrats on retirement!! Second if you don't mind my asking what prompted the decrease in dosage? That seems like it would be awesome!

#4 grannyd

grannyd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 08:17 PM

Congrats on the reduced tasigna!!!! Also on retiring!!!! Hope your social security goes thru quickly for you!!! I started on tasigna from diagnosis 2-150 twice a day & have done well with it. The only side effect has been fatigue. Enjoy your retirement!! granny d

#5 WoofWoof

WoofWoof

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 08:55 PM

Dsrwbr4536- My dosage was reduced in keeping with the latest guidelines from Novartis. Here is a link from NIH:
http://dailymed.nlm....fo.cfm?id=37583

To all: Thanks for the retirement congrats, I never thought it was possible but somehow I'm going to make it work.

I have cancer but it doesn't have me

#6 Guest_billronm_*

Guest_billronm_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 August 2011 - 10:00 PM

Dear WW

Congratulations on your retirement that alone will take so much stress off you especially on mornings when the tki curse hits. Good thing I was already done working at dx because that would be the fastest retirement in history.

When is the party?How can we have one over the internet? I'll bring the wine, I'm sure Marnie will bring mooseburgers.I bet Susan will bring B12 because she'll fine out all it does is make you pee all the time.I can't remember who told us about the monkey butt but they'll be in charge of that. Trey can bring the prep H and whatever end of the moose suit he wants to wear, He'll have to fight that one out with

PhilB they're a lot bigger than me.Pat(AKA) as Cleo queen of denile can bring the milk for the milk baths. I'm desperate milk is supposed to make you look much younger. Hell if that doesn't work I'll drink it we all need vitamin D.I can't remember everyone just jump in with your contribution. We have to set a date. We'll put Lucky in charge of any tent around,he has to keep Marnie out of the tent that's where she uses her monkey butt then falls on her butt because it's so slippery.

Everybody chip in with their opinion, and their party favors if you want to

Nobodys feelings will be hurt. Just a little something to take our minds off cml.

See for about 2 minutes nobody thought about cml.     What you thought about me is highly confidential

Baby Steps lol Billie

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users