I have managed to misplace my folder of test results, etc. (I am hoping that I did not accidentally leave it at my last doctor's visit!) My initial FISH was 85.5% I believe. In searching back when I have asked questions before, I found this info about my results that I posted in Oct 2010.
*Diagnosed 7/9/10; WBC 149 and platelets 1356. I took Hydroxurea and allupurinol in the beginning; started Sprycel 100 mg 7/19/10
*I have 2 different reports from two different labs from my initial diagnosis. These are both done from blood taken at the same time. No BMB or BMA was done at my initial diagnosis (doctor said it was not necessary -- I now know that is incorrect):
1. FISH from 7/9/10 (Probes: 8 Analyses: 6) - 214 Cells counted; 183 nuc ish 9q34(ABLx3)22q11.2(BCRx3)(ABL con BCRx2); 31 nuc ish 9q34(ABLx2),22q11.2(BCRx2). Lots more info and then "This specimin was 85.5% BCR/ABL fusion-positive. There were 200 cells counted for the following statements: Deletion of the S522 locus at 7q31 was not demonstrated by FISH; Trisomy 8 was not demonstrated by FISH; This specimin was 100% ETO/AML fusion-negative. Translocation 8;21 was not demonstrated by FISH; THe MLL rearrangement was not demonstrated by FISH.
2. FLOW CYTOMETRY REPORT from 7/9/10: CML Transolcations 5(9;22) BCR/ABL1 (b2a2) Weak Positive; CML Translocations 5(9;22) BCR/ABL1 (b3a2) Positive
Interpretation: Peripheral blood smear with marked leukocytosis, basophilia and thrombocytosis, left shifted granulopoiesis and up to 1% Blasts. Flow cytometric immunophenotyping reveals increase in blasts (1.4%). **There is a lot more info under headings Light Microscopy, Immunophenotyping, and Antibodies used. There is also DNA Analysis and FISH analysis. This FISH analysis says Number of cells positive for BCR/ABL 142 and number of cells negative for BCR/ABL 58 for a total of 200 cells analyzed.
*Results from FISH test on 8/19/10: 200 cells counted - 74 nuc ish 9q34 (ABLx3),22q11.2(BCRx3)(ABL con BCRx2) and 130 nuc ish 9q34(ABLx2),22q11.2(BCRx2). This specimin was 36.3% BCR/ABL fusion-positive, a decrease from 85.5% in the 7/9/2010 specimin.
*Results from PCR test on 9/14/10: 0.012 H ratio 0.000 Further down the page it says: BCR-ABL: ABL Ratio 2.537 Log Reduct
*Results from PCR test on 10/12/10 (given to me over the phone -- still have to get copy of lab report): 0.000 (did not know Log Reduct info)
I have since had PCR tests in Nov 2010, Dec 2010, Mar 2011, July 2011 (a little late due to switching doctors), all of which said Undetected (0.000). I have to admit that I was skeptical at first myself, but since I have had similar findings from 3 different labs and for 5 PCR tests, I feel fairly good about it. However, now you make me wonder if I have something different than CML!!!
I know that PCRU in 3 months is rare with Sprycel, but the findings from the original study done for using Sprycel for first line use showed 8% with major molecular response in 3 months, 27% in 6 months, etc. So better than 1 in 4 had MMR in 6 mths. (Of course, this was only a study of 519 people, with only half on Sprycel.)
Here is an excerpt from the article I quoted above in the New England Journal of Medicine. http://www.nejm.org/...15#t=articleTop
The rates of a major molecular response by 3, 6, and 9 months after the initiation of dasatinib treatment were 8%, 27%, and 39%, respectively, and the rates after the initiation of imatinib treatment were 0.4%, 8%, and 18%, respectively (Figure 1B). The time to a major molecular response was also significantly shorter with dasatinib treatment than with imatinib treatment (hazard ratio for shorter time to response, 2.0; P<0.0001).