• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_billronm_*

Guest_billronm_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 August 2011 - 07:46 PM

Dear Dan,

I was on Gleevac over three years.

You crack me up when you tell us your schedule. Is there still a 6:15 am? When I was on G if I got up at 6 and had a cup of coffee then went for a run my neighbors would think someone got a horse in the neighborhood. And all our 4 legged friends would be looking for the new chick in town (can you tell a female shart from a male shart?) I took my dog for a short walk and she did her business and I did mine right on my front lawn luckily it was dusk, I won't go into detail but I sure did have a mess, my dog just went into the house and acted like she didn't know me!

Good Luck I envy your stamina

Tommorrow will be my 4 year cancerversary    I'm still hanging in there                Billie

#22 momruns

momruns

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 08:18 AM

Dan,

Well I have 4 much needed vacation days (Thurs-Sun) and I said this bright a.m. "Loreta, get up and run Dan said it works". So, thank you, I got up put my shoes on and fought with myself but I ran/walked 2 miles and felt better today running than yesterday.  It is amazing how fast you lose it when you stop running but I felt very motivated thanks to you.  I live by Erie Pa and we have a wonderful fall marathon that loops our penisula twice (flat and green) with plenty of support and waterstops.  I will set my goal for next fall (sept 2011) don't know where your from but if you are up to it you and yours can stay with us and run it.

We have a work out area downstairs so I  can still workout during our horrible winters (we got 200" last winter in my area) but our summers and falls are worth it.  Thanks to this site I have many questions for my doctor tomorrow.  Thanks again Dan.

Loreta

#23 Bessie

Bessie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 08:55 AM

Loreta,

Welcome!  I was diagnosed in December of 2007 and have been on 400 mg of Gleevec since the day of diagnosis.

I have the "sharts" as Trey calls them and the fatigue...still.  I don't know how to explain it but the sharts seem to cycle.  Sometime worse than others.  The fatigue I still have and I do what Trey does...I keep moving!   I am 51 and am not an old 51 either, but the fatigue really kicks my butt.

Hang in there and know we are all here to help...or just to listen!  It's a great site to vent!

Bessie

#24 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 04 August 2011 - 09:17 AM

Lala,

If it were me, I would want to decrease the Gleevec dosage to 300mg.  It could help with side effects.  The fear of reducing Gleevec dosage below 400mg is bogus in my opinion.

#25 LivingWellWithCML

LivingWellWithCML

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 04 August 2011 - 09:19 AM

Sounds great, and a marathon in Erie is very tempting!  Very good to hear that you're getting back into the swing of things, and I'm sure you'll have a very encouraging and onc appointment on Friday

@Billie - yeah, that 6:15am thing isn't working out too well anymore (LOL), but my kids start school next week - so my body has no choice but to move back to that schedule again.  The extra lound alarm is a new requirement for me!

Dan - Atlanta, GA

CML CP Diagnosed March 2011

Gleevec 400mg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users