Photo

Tasigna--how long til blood counts stabilize??

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jandrews128

jandrews128

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 04:43 AM

I just finished my 3rd week of treatment and have now been taken off the meds for a few days til my platelets go back up, they have dropped below 40,000.  Just wondering if anyone on tasigna faced similar situations and how long it took for your counts to return to normal ranges.  I was diagnosed as a resulted of a blood test for surgery on my broken ankle and am still waiting to have the surgery as my doctors are fearful of the risks of infection and certainly clotting issues while my counts are so low.  I know all of our cases are different but I'm hoping I can put some sort of general time frame on how much longer I'll be in a cast and give my employers a little better time frame on when my full return might be.  Any info is appreciated very much!!  Thanks,  Josh

#2 JoshLee

JoshLee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 08:03 AM

Hey man,

I've been on Tasigna for about 5.5 months now and my counts didn't actually "normalize" for about 3 months. I had one drug break because of my platelets, which lasted two weeks and seemed to do the trick. My platelets hover around 130 which is lower than normal, but still okay. I don't know if it's because of the Tasigna that my plts are low or if it's disease/spleen related. All of my other counts are great. You just have to give it some time. Your marrow and body has been though and is going through a lot as it tries to heal and start functioning at a normal level. The first few months can be really frustrating and irritating as far as counts are concerened, but most people respond really well to this stuff and low counts at first is a very common side effect of this drug. Good luck with the ankel. I'll be sending some good vibes and prayers your way. Stay strong! -Josh

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users