Posted 26 July 2011 - 03:36 PM

Never lose hope MJL. God with you.

#22 SunNsand

SunNsand

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:32 PM

We are here to send you all the best wishes and prayers you can imagine.

I still get amazed by the attitudes of some people who think if a person has cancer, it must have been something they did to bring it upon theirself. They think that person didn't exercise enough or eat correctly. In time, they will learn cancer has no preference in what type of person it invades.

P.S. - Aren't sisters wonderful?

Hugs

#23 Happycat

Happycat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 07:35 PM

MJL,

I couldn't go to bed tonight without logging on to let you know you've got even more prayers coming your way.  I'm sorry it has been so rough.  Stay strong, and keep us updated when you can.

(((Hugs)))

Traci

#24 Susan61

Susan61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 28 July 2011 - 05:52 PM

Hi:  Yes, you are amazing, and so glad you came back on to let us know how things are going.  With so many prayers going up for you everyday, we all have to believe that we will hear some good news from you.  Try to get the sleep when you can.  IF we do not hear from you too often, then we will know your just not up to it.

What Lala said is so true.  I get myself into such a panic over something, may it be finances or health problems then God gets me through it.  I feel like he is saying why did you get yourself into such a state of panic, did you not know that I was right there to help you all along.

God Bless You   My prayers will be neverending until you tell us you are in remission.

Susan A>

#25 Guest_billronm_*

Guest_billronm_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 July 2011 - 06:09 PM

Dear MJL,

I just wanted to check in and say hi! My prayers are constantly with you.  Sincerely Billie

#26 jjg

jjg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 08:25 PM

Dear MJL,

I've been thinking of you the last few days and sending some prayers you way. What you are going through sound pretty tough but it has to be said that you sound pretty damn tough too. I hope you can stay as well as possible and get though this to remission.

I've been thinking about why people have the sensitively of a large truck when it comes to the smoking thing. My Dad died of lung cancer 6 months (& 1hr) today. He hadn't smoked in 29 years but his onc said straight out a few days after dx that he believed it was likely caused by smoking. I guess he was just stating statistics. My Dad was in a very good place where this was a genuine point of interest and nothing else. Lucky the onc had read my Dad correctly because if he'd said the same thing to my Mum I'm not sure I'd be here to tell the story. One lucky oncologist aside, I think that when people are confronted by cancer in somebody else a part of them is terrified for themselves - selfishness is not noble but it's inherently human. They know that cancer is terrible and they want to know that they can't catch it too. Our societies are becoming increasingly risk adverse and blame happy. Cancer is one of those hard to control things, bad stuff happens and some people don't cope well with the idea that it might happen to them too. Nobody deserves this, and you certainly didn't deserve this incredible overdose of bad stuff. Hang in there!!!

J

Dx Dec 2010 @37

2x IVF egg collection

Glivec 600 & 800mg

PCRU March 2012

Unsuccessful pregnancy attempt - relapsed, 3 months interferon (intron A), bad side effects from interferon

Nilotinib 600mg Oct 2012

PCRU April 2013, 2 years MR4.5 mostly PCRU with a few blips

April 2015 stopped again for pregnancy attempt (donor egg), pregnant first transfer, 0.110 at 10wks, 2.1 at 14wks, 4.2 at 16wks, started interferon, slow dose increase to 25MIU per wk, at full dose PCR< 1 for remainder of pregnancy

Healthy baby girl Jan 2016, breastfed one month

Nilotinib 600mg Feb 2016

MMR May 2016

PCRU Feb 2017

#27 captdan58

captdan58

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 08:35 PM

Keep fighting MJL. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Keep us updated.

#28 MJL

MJL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 05:54 AM

Just finished my third round of Chemo. Almost did not have it, my white count was too low but by Monday it did come up enough to proceed.. My red count was way down though so I had to get 2 units of red cells on Tuesday too. As usual the steroids are keeping me awake and active. I am taking advantage of my euphoria for the four days it gives me. I managed to do lots of chores these past few days, I know it is short lived but thats OK, I'll take what energy I can get. Hoping my second week goes well again. I managed the last "week two" without any Neutropenia or infection. I was just wiped out.  My hair is almost gone. Fortunately it was very short to begin with and it did not fall out in clumps.  I am about ready to start the hat or scarf routine. Not sure I want to bother with a wig at this point.  A few days ago my Esophagus started to hurt when I ate. Fortunately my Radiation Oncologist had prescribed me something called "Magic mouthwash' that I take 30 minutes before I eat and it helps a lot. I need to sip a beverage and eat very small bites. It takes a long time to eat though. The medicine makes me feel a little loopy for a while so I need to be careful when I am walking around to be near something to hold on to if I start to reel.  My Sister is still here with me. She is a great help. I am so glad I am not alone, every little pain or new side effect alarms me and she keeps me grounded and level headed about it all. She will be leaving in a few weeks but my other Sister will be coming for 6 weeks. I am so lucky to have two such wonderful girls as Sisters. They are not just coming from around the corner or even from a State or two away. They both live in England and have to travel a long way to help me. I thank God for them every day.  Back to start my Radiation today. ( I do not have it on Chemo days)  I have 16 more rounds of Radiation left (I hope thats all) Not sure how many more Chemo treatments. I will be having a CAT scan after my fourth series to see how things are getting along. When I go to Chemo I am always so shocked at how many other people are there getting treated too. Cancer is nasty and seems to have permeated so many lives. We are all various ages, but it seems most of us are older. Thank goodness I do not see any children there, itwould break my heart. I know they are out there and I'm sure they are being treated at Childrens hospitals or specialty clinics. I hate that I have Cancer, I know I may not go in to remission. But when I think of the little one's I have to be grateful I have had at least 63 years. Those poor tykes! And Oh my what thier parents must be suffering too.

Take care all of you. I do check in every few days, but do not always have the stamina to participate. I do however pray for us all.

MJL.

#29 jjg

jjg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 06:34 PM

Dear MJL,

Sorry to hear how hard the treatment is. I hate that you have this lung cancer too and I hate that you are having to think that you might not go into remission. I really really hope and pray that you get remission.

Sisters are wonderful and you seem to have two especially wonderful sisters. Wishing you and your family all the strength you need to keep on keeping on.

Josie

Dx Dec 2010 @37

2x IVF egg collection

Glivec 600 & 800mg

PCRU March 2012

Unsuccessful pregnancy attempt - relapsed, 3 months interferon (intron A), bad side effects from interferon

Nilotinib 600mg Oct 2012

PCRU April 2013, 2 years MR4.5 mostly PCRU with a few blips

April 2015 stopped again for pregnancy attempt (donor egg), pregnant first transfer, 0.110 at 10wks, 2.1 at 14wks, 4.2 at 16wks, started interferon, slow dose increase to 25MIU per wk, at full dose PCR< 1 for remainder of pregnancy

Healthy baby girl Jan 2016, breastfed one month

Nilotinib 600mg Feb 2016

MMR May 2016

PCRU Feb 2017

#30 Happycat

Happycat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 07:53 PM

MJL, been thinking of you.  I hope you are doing okay.    Would love to hear an update, but I totally understand if you don't feel up to it.

Peace to you,

Traci

#31 valiantchong

valiantchong

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 03:35 AM

Hope you will recover soon, and everything be fine...may god bless you..

#32 MJL

MJL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 06:43 AM

Thank you very much for your good wishes. It has been quite a journey so far, last week I had my fourth trip to the hospital since June. I am becoming too familiar with the staff, but they are great and take good care of me. This trip was for an infection that infliltrated my lung but so far it seems to have been taken care of with I.V. antibiotics. They were concerned it was in my "port" and that would have meant it would have needed to be removed, with a wait to have another installed. It would have delayed my treatment. But this time luck was on my side. Phew! two surgeries avoided....I have had 3 trips to the hospital for iron infusions and for red blood cells.  I just completed my fourth series of Chemo. Two more series to go then tests to see how I am coming along. I have two more Radiation treatments next week and hopefully will be finished until they start the "phophalactic brain" radiation. It will be after all the other treatments and tests are completed. It is 25 treatments to capture any cells that might have escaped over these past few months. Apparantly Chemo can not enter the brain so this is to be sure they kill any little devils that might have escaped.

My one sister went home last week after staying with me for two months, what and angel, I am lucky to have have had her to care for me.I miss her very, very, much.  My younger sister is here again for 6 weeks taking care of me now. My youngest Son is moving home to help out too. My friends and family are the greatest! Again thank you for your good wishes and prayers I really do appreciate them and send my prayers to all of you too.

MJL.

#33 Skittles

Skittles

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 04:06 PM

I'm glad you have such loving family and friends to surround you in love and comfort.  You are so brave and wonderful to share this journey with all of us.  I am sure everyone on the group is wishing you well and keeping you close in prayer.  Blessings, Skittles

#34 Susan61

Susan61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 10 September 2011 - 06:51 PM

My prayers have been with you, and your getting over each hurdle as it comes.  You sound strong, and when you have the Love of Family you can survive anything.  I have a family situation going on right now trying to take care of my Mom who had a stroke, and she is doing pretty good so far.  Prayers and Love can conquer so much.  God has given me strength I never knew I still had.  Blessings To You and your Wonderful Family

Susan

#35 nathaliece

nathaliece

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 06:50 AM

MJL,

Thanks for sharing how you are doing with all of us.  I continue to pray for you and hope that this journey gets easier and good news in the form of test results.  Thank goodness for your sisters!  They sound wonderful and what a testament to you and how people care about you.  Your strength and grace is such an example for all of us.  You are amazing.  Stay strong and beat this!

Nat

#36 Happycat

Happycat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 12:31 PM

MJL,

I am glad to hear you are doing so well.  I'm also glad you have the help of family and friends.  It's one of the blessings of life.  I'm glad they were able to get the lung infection under control, too.  So many things to thank the Lord for today!  I will continue to pray for your recovery and good health.

Keep up the fight,

Traci

#37 MJL

MJL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 05:34 AM

Bless you for being able to care for your Mom. I am always amazed by the reserve we have when we need it. You have gone through so much yourself lately, I do hope you can manage. Only good thoughts and special prayers am I sending your way.

MJL.

#38 MJL

MJL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 10:00 AM

I have an interesting observation.

Before my radiation therapy began I was instructed not to drink orange juice. The Radiation on my lung would be close to my esophagus and would irritate it enough without added irritation from certain liquids and foods.And of course it did. I love my O.J. and really missed my morning glass. Going back to my original CML diagnosis, since the day I started Gleevec I had had stomach issues. Bloating, trapped gas, and pain. Many tests and trips to the Gastro Doc found nothing, so I blamed the Gleevec but since I was in full response after 6 months I decided to put up with the discomfort. My last Radiation treatment was over 6 weeks ago so I decided it was time to enjoy my Orange Juice again. Well guess what reared it's ugly head? Bloating, trapped gas, and pain. I realized that the whole time I have been in treatment for this lung cancer I have had lots of really nasty side effects including occasional bloating, gas (never trapped) after Chemo that dissapeared after the Chemo left my system. But never stomach pain. So I drank my Orange Juice again today and within the hour was having the same misery as yesterday. I am going to stop drinking it and see what happens. Perhaps Gleevec and Orange Juice are not for me. I will let you know.

MJL.

#39 grannyd

grannyd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 01:14 PM

MJL, been thinking & praying for you, haven't been posting too much of late, had some family heaalth issues since August & am just now staying home more. Please know I will continue to pray for you. Take care & hope your stomache troubles ease up for you,---- enough is enough!!!!! Prayers, granny d

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users