• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jsmiddiebrush

jsmiddiebrush

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 11:49 AM

My husband is on Tasigna.  He's had a nasty hacking cough/upper respiratory thing for what seems like forever now.  He's been going back and forth to his  Primary Care doc who gave him z-pack/Azithromycin; (two courses over the period of a couple months) also did a chest X ray and strep throat test and whatever other tests he could think of (all negative, he's just got the "crud")

The cough has come and gone and come and gone and now is back with a vengence - I'm afraid he's gong to cough up a lung!  He went back again today to primary Doc who just prescribed Amoxicillan which is a pretty heavy duty anti biotic.  Primary doc is well aware of the CML (he's the one who saw the high WBC and referred him PRONTO to a hematologist) but I am a little concernd about interaction of Tasigna + Amoxicillan.

Any thoughts?

#2 JoshLee

JoshLee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 04:13 PM

Hi,

I have been on Tasigna for about 5.5 months. I took amox. early on and it was fine. My white count was in normal range when I started and it actually went up (still within normal range) while I was on it. I think certain antibiotics can raise or lower a persons WBC as a side effect. I took it during my very first infection after diagnosis. I think it will be just fine! You can always call the pharmacy and have them do a drug interation to ease your mind.-Josh

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users