• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 davidinberkeley

davidinberkeley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 08:04 PM

Just discovered that LLS is not offering financial help under its Co-payment Assistance Program for the fiscal year beginning 7/1/2011.  Anyone have any idea whether this will change?

David

#2 Susan61

Susan61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 21 July 2011 - 06:18 PM

Hi David:  If you are referring to the yearly help where LLS has given $150.00 to help pay for our co-pays on our TKI's etc.  This year they are not giving the $150.00, but they are giving $100.00.  Go to the Original Website www.lls.org , and then you have to click on the necessary items to get tothe application to fill out to mail out to your local chapter.  Not sure if that is what you were referring to.  Hope this helps.

Susan 61

#3 ChrisC

ChrisC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 07:33 PM

Here's the link:

http://www.lls.org/d...ntfinancialaid/

When at the site, look down below, that is where you click to download the form, either in color or in black and white (click on the one of your choice).

Fill out your part of the form and take it to your onc to fill out the rest, then it needs to be mailed in to your local LLS chapter.

You'll need to get the address of your local chapter (click on "chapter" in the same paragraph for help locating the nearest one and to get their address).

It may work to just click on these links without going to the one above:

Print, complete and return the online application: (color or black and white) to your chapter. For more information about the Patient Financial Aid program, contact your chapter.

So thankful for the assistance each year!

Be alert, but not overly concerned.

• Dx Oct. 22, 2008, WBC 459k, in ICU for 2 days + in hospital 1 week

• Leukapheresis for 1 week, to reduce WBC (wasn't given Hydroxyurea)

• Oct. 28, 2008: CML confirmed, start Gleevec 400mg

• Oct. 31, 2008: sent home when WBC reached 121k

• On/off, reduced dose Gleevec for 7 months

• April 2009: Started Sprycel 100mg

• Sept. 2009: PCRU 0.000

• Sept. 2011: after 2 years steady PCRU & taking Sprycel 100mg before bed, quit Sprycel (with permission)

• Currently: still steady PCRU, testing every 6 months 🤗

— Fatigue, hearing loss continue, alas, but I prefer to think it is all getting better!

#4 Ludwigh

Ludwigh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 11:20 PM

I think David was refering to the up to $5000 per year for co-pay assistance for CML that the LLS provides. It came in handy to cover my $2500 out of pocket. I have heard they are just out of money because of the economy (fewer donations). Would like to know it this will change as well.

Terry

#5 davidinberkeley

davidinberkeley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 09:20 PM

Terry,

You're right.  I was referring to the up to $5000 per year co-pay/premium assistance program for CML (the relevant link is http://www.lls.org/#...opayassistance/.  Check the section labeled "Funding Updates").  Let's hope that this is a decision not written in stone and is subject to change in the not-too-distant future.  Thanks for pointing out the needed clarification.  And thanks to Susan and Chris for their contributions.

Best to everyone.

David

#6 Susan61

Susan61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 22 July 2011 - 10:39 PM

Your Welcome David.  I hope this progam does get back on track to help everyone who is struggling to make ends meet.  This economy is wiping everyone out so bad.  I might even qualify for some help, besides the $100.00 when things get going again.  Lets keep up to date on what is going on, and share it with those who may  not even know this help exists.  Apply for the $100.00 anyhow.

Susan 61

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users