2 replies to this topic

#1 JoshLee

JoshLee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 08:23 AM

Hi All,

So I had my 6 month check up yesterday and now I am waiting. It stinks, but we all have to do it. Anyways, yesterday was my last visit with my current oncologist who I have had since I was diagnosed. He is leaving for a clinic in Indiana. I am really going to miss him. Maybe it was the lorazepam they put me on to calm my nerves during the bmb, but I couldn't say "goodbye" without completely turning on the water works! It was funny, sad, and difficult. I think I was just realizng that the past 6 months have been the scariest of my life and he was in charge of getting me ready to run the marathon that is CML. I was his first patient with CML so he was basically learning as we were going and because of this he was EXTRA cautious with my care. He always called me back the same day I called to ask questions and he was just a good guy. Have any of you ever switched oncologists because they moved away? How did you go about finding a new one that you liked? Thanks, Josh

#2 lala

lala

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 10:49 AM

Hi.....you have just lost a new friend....reason to be sad...when my first onc left, she sent me to the doc that was overseeing my case.  She was local and he is at a major hospital near Chicago.  I am grateful that she was my first.....very caring....and now, the big center is fine. I am 6 years into it and believe me, it gets easier.  I still have fatigue cuz I am almost 55 but I no longer worry about my upcoming 6 month check ups.......I have faith that I am ok!  So, for all the new members, if you are lucky and respond well to the meds, gleevec for me, and can endure the side effects, life goes on!!!!  That is a good thing!  August 2nd is my 6th month check up and I am only afraid of the scale!!!!!!!!!  I have put on a lot of pounds during the six years......I was thin before my diagnosis....ugh!  Hope you are having a good day!  Lala

#3 SunNsand

SunNsand

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 01:27 PM

It is scary! I got "teary eyed" as the Onc wrote in my report, while he was telling me that he, along with all the other Oncs have resigned. Now we are all waiting to see what happens next. I live in Indiana, so maybe your Onc is on his way here?!? Crazy world sometimes.

SunNsand

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users