Cathy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationWilloughby oh

Posted 14 July 2011 - 07:58 AM

Morning,

Well i've been on Sprycel for about 6 weeks and my counts have been low but holding low, then yesterday I went in they dropped more my anc was .70 and I was just going to get to go back to maybe once a month appointment. I'm still going every week  not that I don't like him but every week stuff is getting really old. So we'll see what next week shows. All my counts dropped so at least I know why I feel more tired.  They tell you to be careful for infections. Well today is our company picnic, and saturday I have my biggest glass show of the year! It's my money maker I can't not go I do stained glass I have to be able to pay for all my apts and co pays! LOLWe'll see how it goes! I have my fingers crossed you can't stop your life!

Everyone have a great weekend!

Cathy

Cathy

DX 5-2010  Started normal hydra then Gleevec for 9 months stopped working

Tasigna after 5 pills pancreatis  numbers jumped up quickly

Started Sprycel 100, 8-2010  for a 3 years went down to 50 mg numbers at one point really jumped up quickly

currently on 70 mg for last 2-3 years trying to get onc to reduce dose Numbers never stabilize never MMR till 4-2017 bearly and jump up and down in and out of MMR stayed MMR for 3 months then

After 6 years on sprycel fluid on both lungs, drained still have some fluid on lungs, and currently off drug 4 months now

numbers lower then ever go figure I've never been this low of a number 

last 2 tests .0686 and .0181 !!

#2 Emily87

Emily87

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 08:14 AM

I had a similar problem. I had an anc of .41 for a while. My docs told me to be extra vigilant about hand washing, carry hand sanitizer everywhere, no hand-shaking, avoid people with colds, or who have recently been sick, etc. Just make sure you're careful! Wear a mask if you can stand to. Personally I couldn't. The feeling was really irritating.

Good luck at your show!

#3 Cathy

Cathy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationWilloughby oh

Posted 14 July 2011 - 08:19 AM

Thanks I can't wear a mask either! I'll just be careful. Did you have to go off the drug right away? I'm on 100 mg a day now. He is thinking of reducing my dose.

thank you

Cathy

DX 5-2010  Started normal hydra then Gleevec for 9 months stopped working

Tasigna after 5 pills pancreatis  numbers jumped up quickly

Started Sprycel 100, 8-2010  for a 3 years went down to 50 mg numbers at one point really jumped up quickly

currently on 70 mg for last 2-3 years trying to get onc to reduce dose Numbers never stabilize never MMR till 4-2017 bearly and jump up and down in and out of MMR stayed MMR for 3 months then

After 6 years on sprycel fluid on both lungs, drained still have some fluid on lungs, and currently off drug 4 months now

numbers lower then ever go figure I've never been this low of a number 

last 2 tests .0686 and .0181 !!

#4 Emily87

Emily87

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 08:41 AM

I was on a different drug, Hydroxyurea. And yeah, my doc had me cut the dose in half first, and then when my counts kept going down he took me off the meds entirely. That was about 6 months ago, and we're still off meds.

#5 hannibellemo

hannibellemo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • LocationNorth Central Iowa

Posted 14 July 2011 - 12:00 PM

Emily,

I see you've been posting since 2009, so I've deleted my original post. I am curious though, what is your doctor doing to treat your CML?

Pat

Pat

"You can't change the direction of the wind but you can adjust your sails."

DX 12/08; Gleevec 400mg; liver toxicity; Sprycel 100mg.; CCyR 4/10; MMR 8/10; Pleural Effusion 2/12; Sprycel 50mg. Maintaining MMR; 2/15 PCRU; 8/16 drifting in and out of undetected like a wave meeting the shore. Retired 12/23/2016! 18 months of PCRU, most recent at Mayo on 7/25/17 was negative at their new sensitivity reporting of 0.003.<p>

#6 Emily87

Emily87

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 12:03 PM

I'm sorry, I had a blonde moment I thought I said this! My dx is not CML, I have Essential Thrombocytosis, with probably movement into myelofibrosis (different disease entirely, but end up with similar risks involving immunity and some side effects)

#7 hannibellemo

hannibellemo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • LocationNorth Central Iowa

Posted 14 July 2011 - 12:13 PM

Emily,

Thank you for responding - my original post had a lot of exclamation points in it! 

I hope you are doing well and as for your "blonde moment" you'd fit right in here with us and all our "brain fog"!

Take care,

Pat

Pat

"You can't change the direction of the wind but you can adjust your sails."

DX 12/08; Gleevec 400mg; liver toxicity; Sprycel 100mg.; CCyR 4/10; MMR 8/10; Pleural Effusion 2/12; Sprycel 50mg. Maintaining MMR; 2/15 PCRU; 8/16 drifting in and out of undetected like a wave meeting the shore. Retired 12/23/2016! 18 months of PCRU, most recent at Mayo on 7/25/17 was negative at their new sensitivity reporting of 0.003.<p>

#8 Emily87

Emily87

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 12:21 PM

Haha thanks for understanding, Pat! The extra fog from the meds did effect me some, but almost imperceptibly to those who know me...I'm that ditzy sometimes! LOL :-p

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users