Jump to content


Sprycel/Rash=? Could a dermatologist help

  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Teresabourgeois


    New Member

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 11:44 AM

Just wondering if I should even waste the time and money to see a dermatologist for the rash from Sprycel.  I just hate going to more Doctors and feel like they may just say, benedryl and stay out of the sun.  Done that!!!  

#2 jrsboo


    New Member

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 10:23 PM

Dear Theresa,

Sorry, I have spent the past few days away from the computer!  YES, you should see a dermotologist.  There are lots of lovely creams and gels they can give you.  It depends on what kind of a rash it is, but mine has given me naftin for the yeast infections that I am very prone to, along with Desonide to help with the inflammation on my face and arms.  He also gave me a shampoo to use, but it turns out it is on the "no no" list, and I am going to confront him about that on Tuesday.

Be proactive!  Make sure that you take the drug info sheet with you and check what they write you a scrip for with the list.  The drug was supposed to make S more effective (and I don't need any more side effects thank you very much), but after I panicked and email the onc with the news that I had been using the stuff for a week, she said that topically it should be ok. 

So I guess no harm done.   But still mad at derm.


1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users