• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 donnadavis

donnadavis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 07:20 PM

I went back to my oncologist today. I was in the hospital last week and one of the oncologist told me I had two mutations. When I asked my regular onc.and he  told me I only had one and it is  (  F three five nine C mutation ) sorry my five isn't working on my computer! Do you know anything about it? I have been on Sprycel for about six weeks with a major sickness where my platelets dropped out of sight. They are back within normal range now. Can you tell me any-thing.  Thanks so much Donna

#2 Marnie

Marnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 08:10 PM

http://www.bwhct.nhs...ities_final.pdf

This document has some charts that you might find helpful.  F359C is listed in it.

Marnie

#3 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 12 July 2011 - 09:34 PM

The reference Marnie provided is a good one.  See pages 8 and 15 (1st para).  F359C is one of the "lesser" kinase mutations*, meaning it can be overcome by either higher dosage Gleevec, Tasigna (but some cases of Tasigna resistence reported), or Sprycel.  Sprycel is reported to work best against the F359C mutation.  So if it were me, I would stick with Sprycel since it should overcome the mutation.

*  A kinase mutation is a change in the BCR-ABL "parking slot" where the TKI drugs park to shut down the leukemic cells, to stop them from reproducing.  A change to the "parking slot" means the TKI drug cannot park as effectively, if at all, so the drug either works less effectively, or not at all.

#4 grannyd

grannyd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 05:47 AM

Trey, you know soooo much about CML, I think you should open your own office, of DR. OF KNOWLEDGE!!!!!!! Thank you for all the answers to every question posted, you are always on target. Your posts have been a blessing to me!!!!! DR. TREY-----yep, allways on call!!!!! Prayers to all, granny d

#5 donnadavis

donnadavis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 10:58 AM

Thanks to everyone who gave me information. I am right back where I started but I am looking for good results with this drug. Right now I am only up about two hours a day. By the last of Aug. I will be teaaching a class for three hours a day. That's where I am going!  Thanks again Donna

#6 Happycat

Happycat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 09:05 PM

Marnie, thanks for posting the link.  Great paper.  I was almost late for work this a.m.!

Traci

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users