side effects?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_billronm_*

Guest_billronm_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2011 - 09:01 PM

Dear Jim,

I'm so glad you took everyones word and went out. Some people have no side effects at all and they have been on Gleevac for 10 years.I have had cml for 4 years,and I just switched over to Sprycel around thanksgiving. I couldn't handel the gi issues, but I had problems before cml. One thing I strongly advise is for you to take 2or3 immodium before you go somewhere. My ONC(oncologist) said I could take up to 7 a day. I was afraid if I took two many I would become immune to them, and my only other option was a cork! You will probably feel fatigue for a while.The women felt it worse than men. I haven't dusted for 4 years. Can't even tell now unless someone touches something.

We all felt like we were hit by a train at Diagnosis (dx).But if you stay on this site you will get all the answers you need. Just listen to your body and make sure you get your bloodwork(bw) on time and keep your appts with your onc.They say exercise is the best thing for us. My New Years Resolution will be to dust my house. Jan.1, 2012. If I cant't find my house by then,no problem I'll dust someone elses house.

You said you were a cynical person! This site is not doom and gloom. There is nothing that you won't learn on this site. Anything you need to know you'll find right here. And there are some wierd side-effects that are totaly of the wall. I have had a crazy itch behind my right knee for 2 years.I had a melanoma and several skin cancers so I have to be checked by my dermotologist every 3 months. And he never sees anything there. No subject is out of bounds concerning our disease so don't be afraid to ask a question there are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

I'm going on my third glass of wine so lord knows what I'll write next.   Did you ever try that Mikes hard ice tea. They are so good especially with a slice of lemon in it I tried that today too.

I'm just kidding around but that is how this site is. Sometimes we get crazy which is good and sometimes things are not funnny.But the most important thing is a group of very knowledgable people are on this site. And there is nothing we haven't experienced. I hope you stay with us. Cml is not a disease that will kill you. Most people will die of something else.Like old age or very serious other disease.

You just live your life the way you always did. Marnie has a beautiful bike I think it's a gold wing,she goes racing on dirt bikes and kayaking.And she's a middle school teacher on the school board.oh and she snowbiles. The woman is clearly insane But she is so cute we tolerate her shenanigans for so long  then her wonderful hubbie puts her in a special place where she will get better. I guess he realized it was time when she was telling us how to put monkey powder on her ass while in a tent.

She'll be back soon! Good Luck Billie

Message was edited by: Billie Murawski

#22 Guest_billronm_*

Guest_billronm_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2011 - 09:07 PM

This message was meant for Jim4811

#23 cousineg

cousineg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 08:53 AM