#41 Susan61

Susan61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 17 July 2011 - 11:03 PM

HI:  You lead a very adventurous lifestyle with all you do, and whatever your PCR test shows I am sure you will be okay.  I know what your talking about with insurance etc.  We have Aetna right now, and Medco for my mail order scripts.  I have never had a problem with what they will fill.  I have had to get my doctor to give them a update to let them know that I am still on Gleevec for them to continue to cover it.

I can only imagine how frustrated you are with all of these floating numbers etc.  I totally agree with you with regard to the doctor himself. I had to switch doctors last year after my Oncologist who I loved went and retired.  The doctor who took over his practice had only 2 years experience, and when I would see him It felt like he was reading everything out of a book instead of knowledge that he had first hand from his familiarity with CML.  When I went to my new Oncologist   I told her what my protocol has been, and she agreed with everything I said.  She just continued where my original doctor left off.  She was aware of his reputation, and has been following everything in the same manner. I am going tomorrow morning for my routine blood work and my PCR.

I will post my results when I get them back.

That had to be amazing with the moose running alongside you, and the tire also.  Just goes to show you that the Lord is with you at all times, and he is with you on this PCR testing too.  It will all work out.  I get amazed at the things that happen to me and my  husband just in general with our crazy life's experiences.

Take Care

Susan

#42 PhilB

PhilB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 08:10 AM

Hi Marnie,

I'm glad that the moose cheered you up.  Definitely one of Trey's better ideas.  I still don't see why I had to be the back legs though.

Phil

PS At the risk of being even more insensitive than usual, if your friend believes they don't have much time left shouldn't they be the one getting in some harp practice?  Maybe you could offer her some lessons?

#43 Marnie

Marnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 01:02 PM

The tears were rolling down my face by the time I finshed reading that, Phil. . .and then. . .I spent a little time sitting down to practice my music, and all I could see was Phil and Trey clomping along the highway in a 2-piece moose suit!!  You crack me up, as always. . .though I don't think my friend is ready for the suggestion of harp lessons.  She's too close to the diagnosis right now.  But I'm hoping the harp skills gives me a free pass in when my time comes.  Won't have to spend any time sitting on a cloud learning my music lessons, I can spend my early-on heavenly time riding my dirt bike (hmmm.. .do they have dirt bikes up there??)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users