• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 mphad621

mphad621

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 05:49 PM

Hi - I used to get help with my medicine copay from PSI and now they say they no longer help patients with CML and I was getting help with my copays for my insurance and now LLS doesn't help with that anymore.  I'm on Sprycel now - does anyone know an agency that would help.

#2 Marnie

Marnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 10:46 PM

Google "mysprycelsupport."  Bristol-Meyers-Squibb has a copay support program.  They cover your copay up to $100 per month.  You need to apply for the card, make sure that you fit the requirements (US citizen, not living in certain states, not on medicare, etc).  They will send you a card, which you will need to activate.  Pretty easy, though they can be a bit slow in their payments to the pharmacy, I have found.

Marnie

#3 SunNsand

SunNsand

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 10:49 AM

I called LLS yesterday and discovered they aren't helping with CML anymore. I'm in the same boat as you except I take Gleevec. LLS has helped me for the last two yrs., which I am so grateful for. I will have to find something else, my co-pays are between $700.00 and $800.00/per month, depending on what dosage I am taking, just can't do it. Novartis has turned me down too.

#4 Marnie

Marnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 10:57 AM

This isn't much help, but it's a little.  On the LLS site, you can print out their Patient Financial Aid Application.  Get your oncologist's signature and send it to your local LLS chapter.  It's only $100 per year (last year it was $150), but at least it's something.  They ran out of money for cml patients last year, so they had to cut off new applicants. . .I guess too many people staying alive nowadays .   But they have started up the program again for this year.

Good luck.

Marnie

#5 SunNsand

SunNsand

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 10:59 AM

Thanks Marnie, every little bit helps.

#6 Marnie

Marnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 11:11 AM

It's a bit tricky to find the application form.  On the LLS home page, find the tab at the top that says "Support" (it actually says something and support, but I can't remember the something).  Then go to Financial Matters.  Then Patient Financial Aid Application.  Look for the link to bring up the page.  You can print in color or black-and-white.  There is also a CoPay Assistance program, but it has some requirements.

Good luck.  I just filled out the form and will bring it in for my onc to sign tomorrow.  Then I'll mail or fax it to my local chapter.

Marnie

#7 SunNsand

SunNsand

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 11:20 AM

The co-pay assistance program is the one they aren't doing now.

#8 lala

lala

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 01:54 PM

Wowwww........I wonder what you will do.....I think this is every patient's fear...what if ????? We had to pay three thousand up front this January and I cried.  I was lucky to have $$$ in a savings account.........I hope someone has some good advice for you.  I will be watching to see if they do.  Good luck to you and sorry all this stuff gets so darn hard.  Lala

#9 Marnie

Marnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 01:59 PM

I'll be paying $4000 up front in September.  Not at all happy with my employer, who switched insurance plans.  Fortunately, in January I'll be able to go onto my husband's plan, otherwise it would be another $4000 in January.  How do people without insurance survive??

Marnie

#10 lala

lala

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 02:17 PM

Hi, Marnie,  I almost wrote that while I complained about my dollar amount.   I remember we talked about it.....and how we both did/will cry!    What a worry........and a big issue to tackle.    Happy summer...we start school on the 16th of August!  Lala

#11 Marnie

Marnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 03:44 PM

Lala. . I've got you beat.  We start back August 8th.  Our poor new teachers begin on August 2nd!  Whatever happened to summer vacation??!!

Marnie

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users