#1 hannibellemo

hannibellemo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • LocationNorth Central Iowa

Posted 28 June 2011 - 07:41 PM

I wanted to share this because I know that there have been questions about Zavie's recovery since his stroke. I am copying and pasting this from the NewCMLDrug website.

Pat (#1307 in Zavie's Zero Club)

To those who are not on CML2 - Zavie has been very ill and is currently in the hospital.

Here is the latest, dated June 27 posted on CML2 by Marty:

"I just received this update from Zavies Daughter and I am sorry to say that Zavie has had a bit of a setback. Now, I really know Zavie and he is as tough as nails, so I am praying that he will soon be able to start being himself and get better. The one good piece of information is that he is not suffering pain..
Quick update... Zavie seems to have slipped into a sort of coma as of this afternoon. He is for the most part non-responsive. The doctors have no idea why or what is happening. They suspect a systemic infection but are scrambling to figure it all out. He has a feeding tube and is on oxygen. He has regular CT scans (2 per day at this point) and bloodwork every 6 hours. They did an EEG (brain activity assessment -he looked like a WWII pilot in his little cap -of course I took photos!) and we are awaiting the results. He is also on the list for an MRI but they cannot do it as the machine that is broken is the only one he can go into -the other one has too strong a magnet for his heart valve. He told me this morning that he is not in pain. At least he is resting and his body is working hard to heal itself. We are sad."

I know we all appreciate Zavie's contributions to this board and to the CML community.

You can email your good wishes through CML2 or to Tracy at

traceyincanada@yahoo.com

All the best,

Leah

Message was edited by: Brooke15. **Very sorry, but for safety reasons we are not allowed to leave personal contact information/addresses posted and accessable to the public.  I appreciate you wanting to support him, so please use the email provided to obtain more information if needed. Thank you.

Pat

"You can't change the direction of the wind but you can adjust your sails."

DX 12/08; Gleevec 400mg; liver toxicity; Sprycel 100mg.; CCyR 4/10; MMR 8/10; Pleural Effusion 2/12; Sprycel 50mg. Maintaining MMR; 2/15 PCRU; 8/16 drifting in and out of undetected like a wave meeting the shore. Retired 12/23/2016! 18 months of PCRU, most recent at Mayo on 7/25/17 was negative at their new sensitivity reporting of 0.003.<p>

#2 Susan61

Susan61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 28 June 2011 - 10:30 PM

Hi:  The report today was that Zavie was awake and alert.  He was with his sister Joyce, and she said he asked for paper and pen to write a note.  He even took a picture of her with her camera.  He gets tired very fast, and she said she just hummed a song to him till he fell asleep.  This has been so hard on his wife Ida and his girls.  Prayer is the best medicine right now for him.  Sending cards that he can read or Ida can read to him is good too.

This was the latest today.  He is determined to get back on track again.  The doctors are trying to figure out what is happening, and he is undergoing numerous testing.  They asked that nobody trys to call.  I am trying to keep up with the reports as they come in on the other website.

Susan

#3 hannibellemo

hannibellemo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • LocationNorth Central Iowa

Posted 29 June 2011 - 04:29 AM

Thanks, Susan!

Pat

"You can't change the direction of the wind but you can adjust your sails."

DX 12/08; Gleevec 400mg; liver toxicity; Sprycel 100mg.; CCyR 4/10; MMR 8/10; Pleural Effusion 2/12; Sprycel 50mg. Maintaining MMR; 2/15 PCRU; 8/16 drifting in and out of undetected like a wave meeting the shore. Retired 12/23/2016! 18 months of PCRU, most recent at Mayo on 7/25/17 was negative at their new sensitivity reporting of 0.003.<p>

#4 Susan61

Susan61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 02 July 2011 - 11:03 PM

Hi:  Its Saturday night, and I just got a update on Zavie.  No changes.  He is being kept quiet and relaxed with no phone calls.  My heart goes out to his wife and family to be able to endure all this for all these weeks, and with no definite answers on anything.  He is fighting to beat this thing.  He keeps saying he wants to go home, and he said he wanted some Pizza.  His spirit is fantastic.  Just keep praying for him.  Only God knows what his plan is for his future.

I do believe in Miracles.  God Bless Him

Susan

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users