Photo

Is it possible to have WBC 4.0 but Neutrophil < 0.5 ?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 valiantchong

valiantchong

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 11:35 AM

Recently got my CBC checked, with Gleevec 400 mg, since last year Sept. Previous WBC last 2 months was 2.9 and Neutrophil 1.2, however last week WBC results increased to 4.0 (suppose to be good news since WBC now normal, however Neutrophil was not dectectable ? The doc told me the non detectable Neutrophil was due to machine error... I was not happy with the results, a little worried actually, but on the bright side, my WBC goes up and became normal... something to be happy about....

My BMB was destroyed in lab fire... sad news.... However my last PB PCR was 9% after 4 months on Gleevec... anyone has some suggestion... ??

#2 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 25 June 2011 - 03:26 PM

Spontaneous combustion of your marrow BMB specimen?  A very rare side effect indeed.

You obviously need to repeat the BMB (or at least have a peripheral blood FISH or PCR).  Also, the CBC should be re-accomplished.  The 4.0 WBC with "no neutrophils" is likely a lab error.  But did the CBC report say that the lymph cells were nearly 100% ???  Or were the basophils or eosinophils high???  Either of those would not be a good scenario.

#3 Tedsey

Tedsey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 09:03 PM

I believe they can do a manual count to find out the status of your neutrophils.  Man, what hard luck!  Your BMB lost in a lab fire!  Just for that, you deserve to be PCRU.

Take care!

Teds

#4 valiantchong

valiantchong

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 01:34 AM

Hi Trey,

Thank for replying, the Lym % state 30% but Mxd % and Neu % not dectected... It make me feel, the hospital I go to does not really care to explain.... well, I do not have any choice... if the response goes bad then will only wait for EOL....sad to say...All I can do is hope for the best..

#5 valiantchong

valiantchong

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 01:39 AM

Well, I guess so,.. tough luck, all the pain experienced during BMB just for nothing after 7 months Gleevec...Well just for that the doc took my PB for FISH test to check. Hate  to take another BMB...After 10 months Gleevec, I know I am probably in CCR (hopefully) now coz my PB PCR results after 4 months Gleevec was 9% IRIS IS scale.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users