• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 amurray

amurray

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 11:17 AM

Hello all, hoping and praying that all is well with all you wonderful cmler's.  I just got back from the doctor. My Onc. was very concerned because my white count was 10.7,not too bad, but with my platelets running high it seemed to be a cause for concern. The Platelet count was 504.(504,000). that spiked up as it had been 250-320. I got a mutation test yesterday and i will have a bmb the 21st.  What's going on? I was very alarmed with my  onc. reaction.                                                                           Thanks, Amanda

#2 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 10 June 2011 - 04:04 PM

Hard to know from that.  Women can have more ups and downs with platelets than men.

#3 amurray

amurray

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 04:15 PM

Hey Trey, I looked back at all my labs for the past two years and at diagnosis the platelets were 650. I am trying to not freak out but through the entire treatment process the highest they got was 310. I was glad that my onc. was quick to act but Gleevec was not sucessful, so if Sprycel isn't I am scared of what is next.  Thanks for responding, your a blessing to cml  patients.

#4 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 10 June 2011 - 04:28 PM

You said before that you intend to have a PCR done soon.  That should also be a priority, even though your recent FISH was low.

#5 Tedsey

Tedsey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 05:33 PM

Amanda,

I have nothing to offer but my best wishes to you.  I will keep my fingers crossed and hope for a positive outcome.  I know how scary this can be (I have very low PLT and that is probably not good either).  I am not sure if you said you reached MMR (which I hope you have), but I am a turtle (as in Turtle and the Hare).  It is very nerve-racking when you hear how quick and successful Sprycel has been for so many.

Here is my hope"  the slow healers will heal just as completely!

Take care.  Thinking of you and your kids.  Only good things to you.

Tedsey

#6 amurray

amurray

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 05:25 PM

Tedsey,

Thank you so much. I have  hopes and prayers for a positive outcome for all of us cmlers. Best Wishes, Amanda

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users