• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dee145

dee145

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 04:53 PM

I started seeing a therapist about these shakes and emotions.  Have gone 3 times and it feels good on the days I see her but I still have 6 days she's not here.  My family dr gave me a script for Buspar, it's to help with the anxiety cause I would like to stop taking xanax.  The xanax doesn't last as long in my body, I take 3-4mgs a day.  I try to fight it and sometimes I can but not always.  I have to take a xanax at bedtime with my Elavil to sleep, tried with out xanax and couldn't sleep.  Guess I need that relaxation from the xanax.  I feel like a drug addict.  I take 400mg of Gleevec, zofran my nausea pill, 1mg of xanax 3-4 times a day and 60mgs of Elavil to control migraines at bedtime.  Now she wants me to try Buspar for during the day.  I am afraid to try anything any more with out asking my onc.   I have put that much trust in him. My family dr says it won't interact with any thing I take but I am hesitant.  She is also checking to see if maybe I got some menopause going on.  I am 53.  Does any one have any advice or tips on this Buspar?

I have gained all my weight back and more but I now have decided I am going to continue to try to do everything I want to do with out the side effects stopping me.  I am tired of it all and I am going to get stubborn now and get to moving as much as I can!!!!!  Might need to rest the next day when I do things that require alot of walking but I am still going to do it.  I went to New York on a bus trip a couple weeks ago and rode subway most of the time but was very sore next day.  Me and my daughter in law took oldest grand daughter sight seeing.  But the gleevec really does effect my legs, why that part of my body?  Going to Hershey, PA on July 10 to see Kid Rock/Sheryl Crow concert thanks to my kids for front row seats.  Then the week after that it is 'beach here I come" for a week.  So ready this year!!!!!

So it's time to get down to business even if I have to take pills I don't like to be able to go places and do things!!!!!!  Either that or take up drinking!!!!!!

Thanks to you guys, the new Dee

#2 Tedsey

Tedsey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:01 PM

Glad you are taking the bull by the horns Dee!  Glad you are being good to yourself.  You deserve it!

Teds

#3 dee145

dee145

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 02:01 PM

My pharmacist who I know personally now said not to take the Buspar at the same time as my Gleevec.  Glad she knows to check things for me.  So I take 5mg in the morning and I guess I will take the other half in the afternoon.

Might need Trey for this one, can this type of med affect my blood counts?  I am PCRU since April of last year and I don't want things to go bad now.

Am I the only one on this message boards that take things like xanax and anti-depressants?

Dee

I also am in the process of writing a letter to my old onc. expressing my feelings on how he treated me.  Therapist said it would release some anger I have towards him.

#4 Taylor

Taylor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 02:06 PM

Hi Dee,

I checked on drugs.com's intereaction checker and I didn't see anything about Gleevec and Buspar affecting each other's blood levels.  It usually seems pretty accurate but you never know with these things, just an idea.

My onc prescribed some Ativan for me at my request for anxiety that was causing me to wake up with panic attacks or anxiety or just general insomnia.  However, I haven't taken any because I've been really trying not to.  A few days ago I bought some lavender linen spray and have started to spray my pillow and some of my sheets before bed.  So far I'm 3/3 with a good night's sleep because it does help me feel relaxed when I'm going to bed--I can even hear my heart rate is slower.  Then again, I've been stressed for a while about getting a new car, which I finally did the same night as I bought the spray, so I'll never know which was the cause!   Anyway, I bring that up because who knows, that might help you too.  I read you could put lavender lotion on your hands and the smell would help if you ever needed it--but I won't do that since I'm a guy and I don't want to smell girly at work

Congrats on tackling everything!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users