• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Betty

Betty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 02:06 PM

Recently diagnosed with CML.Started Gleevec 2 weeks ago, I am still taking Prenisone so I am not sure which med is making my taste bud all out of

wack. I have a fuzzy,tinny taste in my mouth all the time which changes everything I eat/drink to yuk. Makes me not want to. I also have nausau which

is not a surprise. Does anyone have this experience?

#2 hannibellemo

hannibellemo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • LocationNorth Central Iowa

Posted 30 May 2011 - 07:08 PM

Welcome! I had very few side effects on G and fuzzy, tinny taste wasn't one of them but we are all different when it comes to these drugs.

May I ask, why are you on prednisone?

Pat

Pat

"You can't change the direction of the wind but you can adjust your sails."

DX 12/08; Gleevec 400mg; liver toxicity; Sprycel 100mg.; CCyR 4/10; MMR 8/10; Pleural Effusion 2/12; Sprycel 50mg. Maintaining MMR; 2/15 PCRU; 8/16 drifting in and out of undetected like a wave meeting the shore. Retired 12/23/2016! 18 months of PCRU, most recent at Mayo on 7/25/17 was negative at their new sensitivity reporting of 0.003.<p>

#3 GerryL

GerryL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 08:00 PM

I had a metalic taste in my mouth a couple of months into taking Gleevec, it went away after a couple of weeks.

With the nausea - make sure you are eating enough food with your Gleevec. I occassionally get nauseous, but find getting out in the fresh air helps, if it gets too bad you can get nausea medication from your doctor.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users