• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 eithne01

eithne01

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 06:59 AM

Hi all,just wondered if anyone gets cramps in the spleen or liver region?

My doc checked all and said it was fine but i still get cramps.

#2 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 15 May 2011 - 03:08 PM

You don't actually get cramps in the organs themselves, just in the muscles near them.  I get cramps in the side muscles sometimes and they are painful.

Also, the spleen and liver are higher in the torso than most people realize.  See picture:

http://www.genethera...human-body.html

#3 Happycat

Happycat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 07:30 PM

I've been getting pain right below my rib cage, or at bottom section of rib cage.  For me, I was thinking it was either spleen pain from the doctors/nurses pushing on it (always sore the next day) OR it was a bit of pleural inflammation.

I see a pattern that the pain is worse wherever I have had bad inflammation in the past.  So my left knee, which I buggrered up years ago, gets it.  My left arm/elbow aches and sometimes swells.  I haven't had that since my car accident a few years back.  And finally, I noticed this pain in my abdomen that reminds me of the infection I got in the pleural cavity back in 1997.  The pain was fairly similar to what I feel now, only worse.  It's like my body has inflammation memory, and just keeps swelling up in the same old spots.  Weird.

Traci

#4 MomMom

MomMom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 10:55 AM

I don't chime in much anymore, but coming up on 3rd year anniversary CML and Gleevec.  The cramping, bone and joint pain still bother me.  I thought I had spleen issues a while back and turns out it was probably what Trey said, cramping near the site. (I have a lot of cramping.)  My doc/onc checked it at my April appointment and it was okay.  After this long I am still surprised at some places that ache where I didn't before!  Maybe I'm giving Gleevec more credit than it's due, but I find it easier on my ego to blame it for everything new rather than, ahem - aging.  If you read the crimp sheet that comes with G you will find a lot that it is responsible for doing to us.

MomMom

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users