#1 helenet

helenet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 08:23 AM

My Bone Marrow Cancer.

Dear Jim,

I need your help to reverse a decision that could affect my life and the lives of all CML patients now and in the future.
NICE has issued an Appraisal Consultation Document reviewing the use of Dasatinib, Nilotinib and high dose Imatinib for Imatinib resistant CML.

In this document it states that Dasatinib, Nilotinib and high dose Imatinib are not recommended for the treatment of CML that is resistant to standard dose Imatinib. People who are currently receiving Dasatinib, Nilotinib and high dose Imatinib may however continue.
This information has appeared on the NICE website on Friday 6th May, and is open to comment from all stakeholders, including patients, their carers and friends. Link to NICE Document: http://www.nice.org....tinibForCML.jsp

I wrote to you in November 2009, regarding NICE's proposal to reject my cancer drug.
You passed my email on to the then Heath Minister. The decision was postponed due to the election.

I thought that Cameron's words about the NHS cancer treatments meant my treatment was safe.

NICE's Appraisal Consultation Document states that my drug is not recommended for the treatment of CML, and this could even result in withdrawal of  my current treatment.
I am on a drug called Dasatinib 100mg a day. It is expensive.

The drug that I would be placed back on is the one my body rejected.
I suffered nasty side effects and my cancer-count kept doubling logarithmically, very frightening.

Dasatinib has reduced my bone marrow cancer from 100% mutated white-blood cells to 0.084%. Achieving and keeping my cancer in Cryogenic remission. White blood cells only live in my body for hours; that is why it is important that I take the drug at the same time every day.

It is vital that our case (CML sufferers) is heard. We only have a very small window 6th May 2011 to 27th May 2011

CML (Bone marrow Cancer) is a rare cancer but there are still  550 new patients a year.

Please would you personally sign the petition on the website and urge others too: 
http://www.gopetitio...t-think-so.html

Regards
Alan Quarterman

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users