• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 shenzen1976

shenzen1976

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 04:27 PM

I have been running a low grade fever for months anywhere from99.2-100 most of the day and night then at other times my temp gets as low a 96.4.I was just wondering if Ishould be concerned b/c my doctors aren't and has anyone else had unrelat bone marrow transplant I am having one in june? Amy

#2 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 09 May 2011 - 08:13 PM

What are your WBCs recently?

I remember you posting before, but your profile shows no postings previously.  Was that the old site?  You need to remind us why you are having a BMT.

Did you read my Transplant posting:

http://community.lls.../message/101600

#3 valiantchong

valiantchong

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 09:19 PM

Umbilical cord blood transplantation from unrelated donors in adult patients with chronic myeloid leukaemia.

Presently the frist line therapy is using drugs unless there is a good reason to do HSCT with MUD.  There are lots of reasons, of GVD, Wondering if you have any issue on present medication. For HSCT transplant a perfect match of antigen is a requirement 10/10. Unless the disease is out of control and risk is properly considered.

Are you doing Umblicord transplant or HSCT ?

Allogeneic haematopoietic stem cell transplantation (HSCT) remains an important treatment option for patients with chronic myeloid leukaemia (CML) failing tyrosine-kinase inhibitors or progressing to an advanced phase. In this setting, umbilical cord blood (UCB) could be used as an alternative stem cell source for patients in whom allogeneic HSCT is indicated and lack a human leucocyte antigen (HLA)-matched adult donor. However, very little information exists on the outcome after UCB transplantation (UCBT) of these patients. Early registry-based studies of patients undergoing UCBT suggested a particularly poor outcome for patients with CML. However, more recent reports with special focus on patients with CML have confirmed feasibility and efficacy of the procedure and identified variables influencing short- and long-term outcomes. Currently, UCBT should be considered as a potential curative alternative for CML patients requiring allogeneic HSCT but lacking an appropriate adult donor.

There was a case below that was successfull with UCB transplant as below case, but this case is rare.

Stephen R. Sprague was treated for CML in a 1997 clinical trial--one of the first of its kind for adult patients--using cord blood that was expanded ex vivo.
2006, New York Blood Center's National Cord Blood Program (NCBP)

#4 shenzen1976

shenzen1976

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 09:53 PM

@Trey I didpost on the old message boards,wbc were just a little high can't remember # but my bcr/abl went from 100 copies per 100,000 to 700 copies per 100,00 in about 3 months time.The reason for the transplant is gleevec failed,tasigna failed,and now sprycel is not working as well and causing major side effects.I am having allogeneic bmt with unrelated donor at UNC chapel hill nc

#5 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 10 May 2011 - 08:44 AM

Did you have a Kinase Mutation Test done to see if a kinase mutation is causing the poor response?  If you have not explored other drugs in clinical trial, a number of folks here are in the Ponatinib trial who would have otherwise needed a transplant:

http://clinicaltrial...how/NCT01207440

Do you have a good match for transplant?  Hope all goes well..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users