Photo

Dr. Scholl's corn remover (salicylic acid)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cometbro

cometbro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 06:27 PM

Hi, anyone knows if it is safe to use a corn remover?  I bought a 9 pack at CVS and it says to leave it stickied to the bottom of the foot where the corn is at for 48 hours and then remove and put the next sticky.  Repeat for 14 days or until corn is removed.

It says:

Active ingredient:  Salicylic acid 40%

Inactive ingredients:  antioxidant (CAS 991-84-4), iron oxides, mineral oil, petroleum hydrocarbon resin, silicon dioxide, synthetic polyisoprene rubber, talc.

I'm afraid to use because it says:

Do not use:

- if you are a diabetic

- if you have poor blood circulation

- on irritated skin or any area that is infected or reddened

So it seems that it affects the blood in a way.  Has anybody used this before?  Thanks.

#2 GerryL

GerryL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 07:54 PM

Hi cometbro,

The corn remover can create a sore which is why they don't recommend them for diabetics or people with poor circulation. Circulation in the feet is a big issue for diabetics - it means that the sore can take longer to heal or turn into something more serious. So if there is no problem with your blood circulation and you don't have any current issues with your feet, then there shouldn't be any issues. I've used a product called Bonjelo for mouth ulcers - this product contains Salicylic acid and it hasn't caused any issues.

Gerry

#3 Girla

Girla

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationCentral Texas

Posted 04 May 2011 - 08:12 PM

If it is on the bottom of your foot it more than likely isnt a corn but a plantars wart. Those things can grow very deep. Is it on the ball of your foot? Salicylic acid is good to remove SMALL things, like little warts or maybe a corn on top of your foot. I would get a pair of Crocs and forget it! (I threw all my other shoes away 4 years ago and am now the happy owner of a dozen pairs of Crocs!)

#4 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 04 May 2011 - 09:08 PM

Not a problem.

#5 cometbro

cometbro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 10:36 PM

It is on the bottom at the ball of my left foot, behind the big toe.  After intensely searching online, i'm still not sure whether it's a corn or a plantars wart but it seems the medicated pad will help for both.  Thanks for the responses.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users