• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#21 Teresabourgeois

Teresabourgeois

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 09:17 PM

WOW!  Seems like many of our Doctors say stupid things...ha!  I did want to let you know that I am being treated now at MD Anderson in Houston, TX.  I am on a protocol study for Sprycel.  I only see my local Hemo Onco for little issues.  After researching CML myself, I realized that his "Not Cancer" comment was just stupid.  I don't know if he was just trying to keep me calm.  But I also think that he only sees three people with CML on these fairly new oral chemo medicines.  MD Anderson see many more.   He did admit to me that he has seen more over the years but they died.  He also said that if I didn't treat it then I would only live 30 months.  Sure sounds like a cancer to me!  It's still all new, depressing and overwhelming.  I am hoping and praying that "this to shall pass".  I tried the "pretend this is no big deal" act but that worn off fast.  Now it's reality and day to day.  Thanks again to everyone for the comments.  No of us are lucky.  Oh and how about the comments like "if you have to have leukemia, this is the one to have"  I hate that one!  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users