• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 clemsoncash1

clemsoncash1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 01:38 AM

I posted this on the transplant boards, thought I would try here too.

Hey all,

New to the site here, but I am a 25 yr old male  and was dx with CML with an ALL blast crisis on 1-11-11.  I have done  two rounds of the hyper CVAD treatment while waiting on A MUD SCT.  I  now have a donor and we are waiting a little while on the donor to  become eligible because they tested DT+.   I don't know what this meant  and the SCT team said it was a positive indicator towards a more  successful transplant.  My ONC at home couldn't tell me what it was.  I  was jut wondering if anyone knew what this meant, and why the team would  want to wait a little while on this donor as opposed to another more  readily availble one.  I also have heard that what I have is a "rarer"  form of CML, so if anyone has gone through it or has some experience  with it I would love the feedback.

Thanks

Matt

#2 hannibellemo

hannibellemo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • LocationNorth Central Iowa

Posted 25 April 2011 - 05:19 AM

Matt,

Sorry I don't have an answer for you, hopefullyTrey will check in soon and get back to you.

Just wanted to let you know that I like your upbeat avatar and attitude.

Good luck!

Pat

Pat

"You can't change the direction of the wind but you can adjust your sails."

DX 12/08; Gleevec 400mg; liver toxicity; Sprycel 100mg.; CCyR 4/10; MMR 8/10; Pleural Effusion 2/12; Sprycel 50mg. Maintaining MMR; 2/15 PCRU; 8/16 drifting in and out of undetected like a wave meeting the shore. Retired 12/23/2016! 18 months of PCRU, most recent at Mayo on 7/25/17 was negative at their new sensitivity reporting of 0.003.<p>

#3 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 25 April 2011 - 09:17 AM

CML and Philadelphia Chromosome positive (Ph+) ALL are similar in that both are Ph+ forms of leukemia.  Ph+ ALL can often respond favorably to the CML drugs.  But after the Ph+ ALL proceeds into Blast Phase the drugs will not normally work for very long, so a bone marrow transplant is recommended.

First, I would make sure that the diagnosis is correct.  If it were me, I would contact Dr Druker at OHSU and send him my BMB report to get an opinion.

The DT+ issue is an odd one.  It is possible the term is not correct.  You should make sure that is the actual term being used (do you have a document of some type?).  Do you think it might have been CMV+ ?

DT+ means that the person has a trisomy chromosome at a favorable location, but that should only apply to the patient, not the donor.  There are 46 chromosomes in the human cell, made up of 23 pairs; a trisomy chromosome means that instead of a pair, there are three of them, which is abnormal.  So I do not understand why the transplant team would prefer to use an abnormal chromosome donor.

Please check again and if you have a document, that would help.  Also, if you want me to look at your diagnostic report (BMB), I can let you know what I see in it.  You can contact me by the internal L&LS email system by clicking on my name to the left of my posting.

#4 clemsoncash1

clemsoncash1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 09:50 PM

I was already in blast crisis when i got my first BMB, and have been on the path to a SCT since then.  I haven't seen anything on the DT+ other than what i have heard over the phone from the NP and marrow board coordinator.  It is supposedly a new test that they would only use if multiple donors are available.  If the docs like it, then it can't be a bad thing and it only added a couple weeks (enough time to get all the hair back I lost), as my day 0 has now been set. I just didn't know if anyone knew what the test was.  Thanks for the replies

Matt

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users