• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 lala

lala

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 09:51 PM

Hi----Thanks to Trey, I started taking 2 100 Gleevec pills after lunch and 2 more after dinner.  I DO FEEL MUCH  BETTER!  woohooo!  I so recommend trying this----it helps with my stomach---that big 400 made it burn every night-----it would wake me up.    I also do NOT have the deep fatigue in the mornings like I did on Gleevec 400......still tired during the day......but before, for 5 years, I could barely walk from my car to my classroom...........so, I have 2 questions......

#1:  Do you have to wait until a certain point to take the meds this way?  (the 100s are nice and small)---really ez on the stomach

#2:  Do woman suffer more fatigue than men....is sure seems like it. 

Thanks,

Lala  AKA the slogan lady  :-)

#2 Susan61

Susan61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 13 April 2011 - 10:37 PM

So glad your feeling better since you changed the way you take your Gleevec.  I do not think it matters, as long as you get that 400mg. in you each day.

As for the fatigue.  Mine is always there no matter what I do.  On days when I have some energy I am so aware of it because its like a new me.

I guess it depends on what you try to do in a 24 hour period to try to compare men and women with fatigue.  I was exhausted the past few days, and just needed that nap to rejuvenate myself to get things done.  I just take one day at a time, and have learned that I can only do what I can do.  It took me a long time to realize this.  I get very frustrated sometimes when I  plan my day, and only half of what I wanted to do gets done.

Then I think of how blessed I am to be able to do what I did.  You will figure out your own way of doing things, even like how you changed your dosage on your pills.

Take Care

Susan 61

#3 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 14 April 2011 - 07:58 AM

I started splitting dosage almost from the beginning to limit side effects, and I reached PCRU in under a year, so I think effectiveness is not affected.

Regarding fatigue, women do appear to be more affected by it.  My unscientific view is that many women could do well on a decreased dosage.

Speaking of reduced dosage, I also think that after someone has been PCRU for a year or so, the dosage could be reduced permanently.  But no studies have been done, so that theory has not been formally tested.

#4 knoppl

knoppl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 12:46 PM

Splitting the dose helped me out tremendously too! I have more energy and overall feel better.

#5 jrsboo

jrsboo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 01:05 PM

Ack, couldn't remember who had the slogan, just used it in another thread, but could not attribute correctly.  Sorry Lala!

Caroline

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users