• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 janner25

janner25

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 09:05 PM

Today in the Delaware Valley, it was a BEAUTIFUL day!!!!  I went to my older son's school to volunteer during a walk-a-thon (thankfully I didn't have to walk - just make sure all the 2nd graders walked v. run on the sidewalk)...but I was out there for maybe an hour and a half.  I am thinking that sun and tasigna don't mix???  I look like a lobster!  Granted, I didn't wear sunscreen (but I normally don't burn quickly unless I'm on the beach or outside for HOURS - and once I burn once during the season, I tan the rest of the year)...yes, I know - no good for the skin!  However, this now has me quite nervous for the summer!  We enjoy spending our days outside and this is my first spring / summer with CML and tasigna.

Has anyone else had this on tasigna?  I know I read another post but I didn't think it was tasigna (nor do I remember reading this as a side effect).

Guess this will just be another adjustment...oh joy

#2 Marnie

Marnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 09:14 PM

Gleevec and Sprycel are similar. . .I just switched to Sprycel, and my sun sensitivity is even worse than it was on Gleevec.  Both of those TKIs mention it on the label, so I'm surprised that Tasigna doesn't have a similar warning.

Sun screen and a hat.  

#3 janner25

janner25

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 06:44 AM

I will re-read the tasigna pack when I get my new shipment - I didn't see it - but then again there are 800 warnings...so I may have glanced over it .

Hopefully I can still be a beach person...because that's where we like to be...but I'll be getting a really cute hat - just a reason to shop

#4 WoofWoof

WoofWoof

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 07:38 AM

My sun worshiping days have certainly changed since I've been a CML'er. Both Gleevec and now Tasigna have made me very photosensitive. I still go outside but use a sun-blocker lotion re-applied often as well as a wide brimmed hat. Just be careful.

"

Dermatologic side effects including rash (up to 33%), pruritis (up to 29%), night sweats, eczema, urticaria, alopecia, erythema, hyperhidrosis, dry skin, exfoliative rash, ecchymosis, swelling face, erythema nodosum, skin ulcer, petechiae, and photosensitivity have been reported."

I have cancer but it doesn't have me

#5 sferrazza

sferrazza

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 04:53 PM

That sucks, sun burn hurts.  We just went to Florida in March and I got fried, blisters and RED.  I had on sunscreen and typically don't burn so don't feel bad!  I would definitely get new sunscreen with the highest rating.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users